Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(Hi, i have recently rebuilt my engine with new wiseco 11:1 piston,stage 2 cam,etc.It goes really well but have noticed a couple of problems with it.
1.Under heavy acceleration in 3rd 4th and 5th it often makes a clatering sound almost like a pinking noise which goes when you ease of the throttle.
2.It seems to be loosing coolant and it is pressurising.I have put a set of uprated hoses on it and also a high pressure cap because it was pushing the coolant into the reservoir but this just tries to push my bottom hose off.
I have a vapor trail dash on it and the temp seems to go no higher than 61 degrees.I have not heard the fan kick in although it works if i bridge the wires on the sender.I used genuine yamaha gaskets and new bolts.Should i have used uprated gaskets or is it possible i have a cracked head.Any advise would be great ,thanks julian

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
I just rebuilt mine to and i noticed when i got done with my first ride that my bottom coolant hose was leaking. I thought maybe i didnt tighten it good enough when i put it back together but it was pretty tight. I have been wondering if i put a gasket in wrong and was plugging off some of the ports that the coolant needs to flow through. Hope someone knows the reason for this. I have only ridin it once since i got it done so i dont know if i fixed it or not. =)

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
If the engine is forcing coolant to overflow then you have head gasket issues.

Take the radiator cap off and start it up. If you can see it bubling then your leaking compression in to the cooling system.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Damn your right dude. I bet i gotta take it back apart and change the head gasket. Julian that could be your trouble to. I wonder if your pinking noise is from pre ignition. Are you running higher octane gas since you went to a higher compression piston? =)

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
K so i just tried runing the engine with the radiator cap off and i didnt see any bubbles or anything out of the norm. Does the motor need to be warm so the thermostat is open or should i have seen something? Is it ok ya think? I used a trinity racing gasket and torqued everything to spec so i wouldnt think it should be leaking. Sorry to steal your thread Julian. =)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts