Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the head ported on my 250 and will be re-installing it in a couple days. Is there any procedure for a lack of better words priming the oil pump/cooler? My last head failed due to lack oil, trying not to make the same mistake again.

·
Registered
163 Posts
No priming required. But after you fill it , run it for a min or two then top it off.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
118 Posts
If motor is out of quad, assemble motor completely, then I usually fill motor with oil and flip upside down, side to side so every part is prelube ....remember to install starter, plug off cooler lines and crankcase vent.

If motor is in quad and just install top end, i usually pre oil all bearings while being assembled, use cam break in lube on rockers and cam and then pull intake rocker cover off and will fill valve train cavity of head with oil to ensure all components recieved oil... may do this more than once.

Break cam in correctly if using after market valve springs.

Thanks,
Precision MotorWorx

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome! thanks guys, I was getting worried that no one on the 250 threads would be able to help me out. Seems like within the last 2 years or so the real technically stuff has dropped off here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts