Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of the snowmobile forums have guys who make alot of there own parts, or mod the originals, example would be a tunnel extension on a sled that I did for a guy, they want lots from the factory, and with his prints mine looked better,
Anyone with ideas how to make your own sway bar? parts needed and material used are always helpful

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
My old man made me one, only lasted one ice season. See a few here and there at the track, but most run the aftermarkets. I'll see if I can find a picture of my old one, but IMO it's better to go with the AM unless cost is a serious concern. If you're a DIY guy don't worry, there's lots of man hours to be spent figuring out a better way to mount the swaybars to the 660's front end.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i second that wow :eek:

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Why on earth would you need a sway bar when there is already a SOLID axle in the back? How is it possible for the bike to lean?

Believe me, in oval track racing you DO need one, at the oval track that I run at, the bikes that don't have one look like they are out of control in the corners, mine goes around the corners like it is on rails, and if you do slide, you usually just slide without flipping.

And for what it is worth, the avatar that I have shows my bike with a sway bar, it is well hidden, and only took a couple hours to build using some of the parts from my F7.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.