Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
That is just the chassis skid plate. It doesn't include the a-arms or swingarm skids. But PRM makes some awesome quality protective products.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
+1 PRM makes a good product, but the chassis (under engine), swinger, and a-arm skids are all seperate pieces. Physically and to buy both.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
i have a PRM chassis skid on my wall that i used for about three years. it worked great and fit well. i switched to running a tag railer now, but i wouldn't hesitate to run another PRM skid. i still use a PRM grab bar and PRM sidebars on the raptor.

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Not much more over the stock plastic ones. But it's worth it not bending up your frame tubes and such.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
you lose about 1/4" of clearance on your chassis but it's a loss for the better. the swinger skid is usually a significant loss in clearance, but no more than your stock plastic skid and it's alot stronger. your swinger skid will be subject to the most abuse.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
PRM make great skids try and buy all at once you may get package deal I did thru TQS pm him for best prices.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
i have a PRM chassis skid on my wall that i used for about three years. it worked great and fit well. i switched to running a tag railer now, but i wouldn't hesitate to run another PRM skid. i still use a PRM grab bar and PRM sidebars on the raptor.
Thought I was only one that ran sidebars lol. Everything but front bumper PRM I'm going to the PRM summit front bumper for 660 cause the 700 bumper mounts suck ass. So switching over to a 660 mounts.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I'll be rockin the PRM nerfs as well. I was real damn close to doing the 660 mounts as well Spider. Still considering doing it before I get my frame PC'd, those stock mounts are rediculous.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Yeah I've flatten the top ones a few times loading in truck with muddy tires it slides right into front of bed then once on a tree. But the bumper never bent I think bumper should bend brake before mounts or frame IMHO.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Thought I was only one that ran sidebars lol. Everything but front bumper PRM I'm going to the PRM summit front bumper for 660 cause the 700 bumper mounts suck ass. So switching over to a 660 mounts.
i hit a very hard thing going very fast on my 700 a few years ago, square on the PRM summit bumper. it bent the mounts on the frame and pushed in the aluminum on the bumper where the mounts are a little.

i re-bent the mounts in place. i like the idea of having the mounts collapse, it's alot cheaper to replace the mounts than it is a frame. as hard as i hit, i think i would've bent the frame had the mounts not absorbed the impact.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Seg when did you switch from 660 to 700? You like it so far? I was bout to get a 660 I rode when my homes old lady told me he was dead and sold me his 700 with 40hrs Mac on it an 07 in October of 08 for 3,000. I rode it and it felt way more stable with a smoother powerband. I think the efi helped smooth out power band. It don't seem as wheelie happy as 660 not saying it won't pull 4th gear throttle wheelies on pavement.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
i hit a very hard thing going very fast on my 700 a few years ago, square on the PRM summit bumper. it bent the mounts on the frame and pushed in the aluminum on the bumper where the mounts are a little.

i re-bent the mounts in place. i like the idea of having the mounts collapse, it's alot cheaper to replace the mounts than it is a frame. as hard as i hit, i think i would've bent the frame had the mounts not absorbed the impact.
I ain't hit nothing that hard yet but I agree on it's better than bending frame but I've done replace twice already so I'm tired of fixin that I hope bumper bends before frame now,lol. Let's hope so.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Parted the 660 over the last couple months. I don't really have a 700... just parts of one :lol:

Tell ya what though, I misss the HELL outta my 660 :(

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Are you just making a 700 out of everybodies part outs? lol

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Shit whatever works we all ain't got money. I wouldn't have if I didn't find one hella cheap.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts