Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's what I ended up getting, the PRM desert grab bar. Only took a week to get here ordering direct and about an hour to put on.
First thing I can tell you is to throw away their instructions. Don't even look at them, they suck and are uterly useless, not even showing the actual grab bar I ordered. Or the new fender brackets that come with it. A quick call got me squared away with the info that I will only reuse the rubber grommetts from the stock grab bar, but I reused the fender spacers, too. They also told me about putting these grommetts onto the supplied flanged sleeves, and the sleeves then get screwed onto the bolts that come already inserted on the bar. It wasn't too hard to figure out which way to screw them on, but it would have been nice to know ahead of time. I also don't know why just because they are supplying longer bolts due to the added thickness of their grab bar, why they had to change the head size of the bolts :3question: But perhaps they have a deal with socket manufacturers and want you to use a couple extra sockets to put the thing back on :confused:
It would have been nice to have their thick fender brackets threaded where the plastic mounts to, but again, it wasn't too hard holding a compression nut with needlenose pliers on one side of the plastic and threading the bolt, washer and spacer into it. I guess if it keeps the price down.....

It also helps to take out the bolt under the seat in that area to give you more play in the tail section. And the bolts holding your exhaust on too. Once you get going things fall into place, but not like their instructions lead you to think about pivoting the old one off and the new one on.

Looks damn good I think :thumbsup: and offers a lot more protection.
(Hope my webhost server is working ok, it's been messing up the last couple days, which isn't doing my website any good either :mad: )

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Looks good man. :thumbsup:

Should protect nicely too if you flip backwards doing a wheelie or something.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
What is that exhaust your running? I see duals but different pipes on each side.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
I'm going to say that it's not an exhaust pipe maybe a place to put maps or something.. Did you have to cut the plastic for the grab bar :3question:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The grab bar barely fits without notching the plastic, but until it was in place and tightened up I thought I might have to. The left side is real close.
The funny looking *exhaust* on the left side is a PVC tube for putting crap in. I just made it look that way.

Yeah, gotta start practicing wheelies now :grin_nod:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sand84 said:
I'm going to say that it's not an exhaust pipe maybe a place to put maps or something.. Did you have to cut the plastic for the grab bar :3question:
No it mounts just like the stock one.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Thats one of my next things to buy.. Thanks for the write up :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts