1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Ya mud build up would be my only concern so if you dont care about that they should work good. PRM makes good stuff so dont think you will have any issues with quality. So if like the looks I say :thumbsup:

·
Registered
305 Posts
I searched and this was the only thread that came up.

Anyone use these and what do you think of them?
Anyone know if they will fit with the GYTR Engine/Belly skid?

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
PRM makes the best nerfs on the market in my opinion. My brother ran a set of those with the nets, and I have a buddy who runs the solid footwell version (like you posted a link to) on his trx450R. He loves them and doesn't have much issue with slippage as I assumed.

Great all around product whether you run nets or solid footwells IMO. Definitely what I'd run for nerfs if I was running some (just sold mine/my brother's on Monday actually). Shouldn't prevent you from running any kind of skid, they're out of the way enough and mount to the peg and engine mounts.

Spider/Paleface (screen name) here seems to love his too, he's always raving about them :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Anyone use these and what do you think of them?
I've had my set for 5 years, I ride desert and they look as if they're new. i've wrecked pretty bad on the bike a couple times also and they're unharmed. PRM makes quality stuff. I haven't had any issues at all with them. they protect like they're designed and you can run large tires with no clearance issues.

the only thing I don't really like is that they use the stock peg, and I'm used to the pro-peg nerfs on my 450's now which I ride more often, so I'm going to sell them and purchase pro-peg nerf bars for the Raptor.

Anyone know if they will fit with the GYTR Engine/Belly skid?
I'm not sure about GYTR, but they fit with PRM chassis skids (ofcourse) and they fit with Tag Railer chassis skid. I'll put a couple pics below so you can try to get an idea of fitment.

With the Tag Railer (blue skid):

With the PRM skid (you can't really see it however, but it's on there):

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I wrote a product review of these it's in the on here somewhere I'll find the link and post it up. I run em and love em. I'd buy more if I every figure out how to destroy these,lol.

Gonna go search the product review thread and archived threads if I can find the review.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Absolutely love mine. They give a lot of extra width on the foot peg. Mud has never been an issue and I ride LOTS of mud. They've held up really well too (from rocky mountain riding to mud).

I ride with MX boots in the summer, takes a bit of getting used to (for clearance under the shifter), but works well.

Highly recommended.

Side bars are 3 years old in these pictures, but freshly powder coated.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've had my set for 5 years, I ride desert and they look as if they're new. i've wrecked pretty bad on the bike a couple times also and they're unharmed. PRM makes quality stuff. I haven't had any issues at all with them. they protect like they're designed and you can run large tires with no clearance issues.

the only thing I don't really like is that they use the stock peg, and I'm used to the pro-peg nerfs on my 450's now which I ride more often, so I'm going to sell them and purchase pro-peg nerf bars for the Raptor.

I'm not sure about GYTR, but they fit with PRM chassis skids (ofcourse) and they fit with Tag Railer chassis skid. I'll put a couple pics below so you can try to get an idea of fitment.
Thanks for all the pictures! I'll help you get on to the new ones you want, send me a PM with what you would want for these shipped. :)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Thanks for all the pictures! I'll help you get on to the new ones you want, send me a PM with what you would want for these shipped. :)
I returned your PM, thanks. I'm down one 450 right now, it needs the head repaired so until then the Raptor is my back-up quad for the other 450. I'm going to keep the nerf bars on there until I replace them, and the replacements I'm going to order are $500.. so I'm quite a bit short as of now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts