Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which would you guys recommend? Or should I just get which ever I can get for cheaper?

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I got the Pro-Armour Swing arm one because its got a built in tow hook thats has come in handy a few times. :thumbsup:

Went with GYTR on A-arms for the 700r cut out and got the pro-armour chassis for no particular reason lol

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I have Pro Armor all around and I am very happy. Great fit, very strong, and the Oil drain hole is in the right place. Check but GYTR have not had both oil holes placed in the right space.

·
Registered
767 Posts
GYTR swingarm skid has the handy tow hook as well.

·
Registered
841 Posts
GYTR full skids and A arms on mine.....the a arms have already save my shit once, they took all of the damage from the hit :thumbsup: Thought Yamaha was suppose to fix the oil drain hole on em???

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I am happy with my GYTR skids. Had to fix the hole for the oil tank. It is pretty retarded they did not get that right, but it only took 15min to fix. Especially considering the fit and finish was perfect, with that one exception.

I have never used the Pro Armor, so I can't comment on them.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I had to drill a hole in my Pro-Armour but someone posted above they come with one now. To many complaints I guess lol

Looks like Id go with the ones you can get the best price on. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have the GYTR skids. I like to kinda use one theme and i liked the cut out on the a arms so i went with the rest GyTR to match. You wont be dissappointed either way though. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have full pro armor skids and i love them. Both oil holes line up and the swingarm skid is 1/4' thick so it wont bend when you hit a rock like the gyt-r one did on my 660.

·
Registered
644 Posts
bberck said:
Here is a pic of tow hook :thumbsup:

Can you tell me how much clearence there is between the skid and the rotor/sproket??

I have a prm that is holding up pretty well, except that it didnt have a lot of clearence to begin with, so only a little bending on the sides has resulted in draggin rotor/sproket.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
BigGixxerJim said:
bberck said:
Here is a pic of tow hook :thumbsup:

Can you tell me how much clearence there is between the skid and the rotor/sproket??

I have a prm that is holding up pretty well, except that it didnt have a lot of clearence to begin with, so only a little bending on the sides has resulted in draggin rotor/sproket.
After a year of abuse at an extremely rocky place to ride. It has bent up some but I still have over 1/4 inch clearance for the brake rotor. :thumbsup:

Show how bad it is my buddy busted his PRM skid after 2 rides on his 450 lol

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
BigGixxerJim said:

GYTR has a ton of room in this respect. On the bad side, it hangs REALLY low because of this. On pavement I can barely get my fist under the skid with the stock tires.

Shawn

·
Registered
299 Posts
I bought GYTR skids about a year ago and I had to drill the oil drain hole in the right place. My friend just bought a set of GYTR's and now the hole is right where it should be.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Using DG Laser Cut Stainless Steel ones, still look good after many trips over the rocks, though some deep gouges. I ride in the cinders alot and they eat away at my aluminum nerf bars.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Well, I dont have pictures of what my PRM looks like, but I do have these of a UM "BAJA" skid that i Had that I destroyed in about 3 months. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING UM!!!! Not thats going to get a beating.

Ill have to post some pics of my PRM when it gets back

·
Registered
644 Posts
BigGixxerJim said:
Well, I dont have pictures of what my PRM looks like, but I do have these of a UM "BAJA" skid that i Had that I destroyed in about 3 months. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING UM!!!! Not thats going to get a beating.

Ill have to post some pics of my PRM when it gets back
I cant figure out how to insert a picture... sorry

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
A friend of mine with a 400ex has the laser cut SS DG. He hit one rock on the first ride with it and bent it into the rotor. Its too thin in my opinion. Nice looking though. Still think the thicker Aluminum especially for the swinger is better.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I made my own :grin_nod:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts