Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are only $50 and they will give between 1-2 inches of extension to the standard pegs and better grip. Good or not? I don't want nerfs but I would like the extended pegs as a bit more protection from slipping off.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
price sure does sound good, but that is YOUR decision. Nerfs are about 3-5x's more insurance than the pegs for injurys though....

·
Registered
429 Posts
Depending on the type of boots you wear the grip can be to much. You may have to take the sharp points off just abit so they are not so aggresive but the extra space sure is nice.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I was thinking about getting them also. If I do I'll let you know if I like them.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I couldn't help it I ordered them. I know that the nerfs are better protection, but I know they will get caught in the stuff we ride in. Also I just have never used them and don't feel like dropping $200-300 right now. Thanks for the info I will give a review when I get them.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Ive been runnin em for about 6 months now, during XC competiton and all, havent slipped once, They are great and even though there aggreessive there not gonna just eat up your boots.....I highly reccommend em over nerfs for woods riding since theres less of an obstruction to get caught between trees

·
Registered
988 Posts
Heres a pic i snapped of em installed on mine.....not that it matters but i figured id post it for ya

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
i went with the full pro armor nerfs and its definitly the way to go. they fit the bike perfect(the dimentions) and they also drop and back up the peg location, it increases performance and the wider pegs definitly help in many ways

·
Registered
120 Posts
u can get tusk nerf bars your choice of colors for $100...so its not that expensive for nerf bars...or u can get both the maximizer and the nerfs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts