Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pro Design Case Saver - "Better looking protection & easier to clean your chain"

As always, work in a safe roomy, well lit area.

Tools needed:

8 mm Open Ended Wrench

8 mm Socket

3 mm Allen Socket

5 mm Allen Socket

3" or longer 3/8's extension

3/8's Ratchet

1/4" Ratchet

Heres what you will be installing:

Heres a few before shots:

Since I had the Quick shifter already installed, you simply have to just remove the upper allen bolt and nut, to gain access to the top Allen Bolt on the OEM Case Saver, remove that and the lower Allen as well, and pull off the OEM Case Saver.

Set those aside since you will need to put them back on to mount the Quick Shifter back.

Heres a shot of my old Case Saver removed (never knew there could be such a build up):

No case on the quad:

CLEAN OFF THE AREA BEFORE MOUNTING THE NEW PRO DESIGN CASE SAVER

Now line up the case saver, for fitment and then tighten down the 8 mm bolts.

After putting back my Quick Shifter, I just eye balled everything to make sure that there was enough clearance in between the Case Saver and the chain. After everything was put back together and looks good, I took it out for a quick run, and everything is A-OK!!!

Heres some after shots:

Heres a few bigger shots:

This Case Saver not only adds a nice look to quad, but it also makes it much easier to clean the chain and now you do not have to worry about any sort of build up.

It looks great!!!!!!!

Peace!!!

:thumbsup:

Mr. C

·
Registered
786 Posts
Re: Pro Design Case Saver - "Better looking protection & easier to clean your ch

looks alot better than that big black thing before. Nice post

·
Registered
283 Posts
Re: Pro Design Case Saver - "Better looking protection & easier to clean your chain"

Niiice write up man, never disapointed.....Ill be looking into one of these, I rode in some thick mud a couple times and one time i took the stock one off while i was cleaning and found like a pound of mud, sawgrass, weeds and dirt. THANKS!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Re: Pro Design Case Saver - "Better looking protection & easier to clean your ch

I'd be nervous about geting my pant leg up in that sprocket though... doesn't that worry you?

-SS

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

sandsquid said:
I'd be nervous about geting my pant leg up in that sprocket though... doesn't that worry you?

-SS
Naw, (knocks on wood), The Quick Shifter does a lil bit of blocking and the gap in between the chain and case saver, will really make it next to impossible for any riding to cause the pants to get in there unless you were to maybe jam it in there by hand?

Mr. C

·
Registered
340 Posts
Re: Pro Design Case Saver - "Better looking protection & easier to clean your chain"

I have this saver, I believe I paid 30 - 35 bucks for it. It certainly helps keep crap from building up between the chain and the case. When I pulled my stocker off, I was appalled at the quantity of gooey shit in there. I literally had to use a screw driver and simple green to scrape it all out. The case saver also makes lubrication much easier.

As for the concerns of pant legs getting caught, wear a pair of MX boots and you shouldnt have an issue. If getting your pant legs/ shoe laces eaten up by the sprocket is a major concern to you, seriously consider ponying up the 150 bucks for decent pair of boots instead of the new bling or some go fast goodie.

·
Registered
69 Posts

Did you get it from Pro Design themselves or a supporting vendor?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

jwaked said:
Did you get it from Pro Design themselves or a supporting vendor?
I got it directly from Pro Design.

Mr. C

·
Registered
29 Posts

I just ordered my case saver from rocky mountain as well i ordered the 15t sprocket I cant wait to get them in and put on the rap
total 41 bucks shipped for both the case saver was 26.99

D

·
0 Posts

is that a 15 tooth sprocket or stock? any issues with the case saver and a 15 tooth sprocket? I had issues with my 15 tooth and epic racing billet cover.Not a happy camper about that

·
Registered
1,157 Posts

sandsquid said:

-SS
Thats why you wear boots over your pants!

D

·
0 Posts

thats why you end up like roc and ride with one leg duh :thumbsup:

·
Registered
352 Posts

I also installed a Pro designs case saver, But I modifyd that black cover to fit so I don't get me pant leg in there, pm for pics or I could upload them to here?

·
Registered
54 Posts

The case saver will fit with a 15 tooth sprocket!

DJ

1 - 15 of 15 Posts