Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tore my bike down for cleaning and decided to drill the rivets for the intake coming. i just read over the install thread, and it mentions holes not larger then 7/16".

mine are a little bigger then this. im wondering, does that really matter? from what i can see, everything will still seal fine. especially with the washer on the outer side. can anyone confirm this who has drilled larger holes?

if its risky, id rather just order a new case now. its only 15 bucks luckily..

·
Registered
610 Posts
Going from memory here.... but doesn't the install sticky mention a 7/32" drill bit? Something like that. Where are you coming up with 7 and 9/16" pony? Or are you fractionally challenged :grin_nod: Just kiddin' dude ;)
I didn't understand a couple things with the sticky instructions, but overall they were a good help and the pics were great. When I saw the rivets I knew they were 3/16", so that's what size bit I grabbed to drill them out and like mentioned, I still had to go bigger yet for the bolts to fit. Not much and nowhere near close to half an inch, but maybe the kit changed :confused:
Also, I installed the four bolts according to Pro Design's instructions. I threaded them through the billet piece first, with the bolt head on the outside of the airbox. And used the nut and washer on the inside of the box to draw the O ring tight.
As long as everything seals up for you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maybe it was 7/32. i was just going off memory, but i know my holes are like 1/8" larger.

ill just have to wait and see how it seals up and if everything looks good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.