Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just orderd a ct pipe jet kit and k&n filter do i need the pre charger or would i be ok without it?? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Pre-charger = outwerware right ? Best to go ahead and run one, little extra protection. Shouldn't be more than $10-15, and worth it IMO. I always run one.

But yeah, you'll be alright without one. You can always snag one later, though it's probably cheaper to buy in a package

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was thinking, saying its only $20. I already bought everything and was just trying to see if it was neccesary to get it right away, but I still have a few days until the pipe gets here so Im going to order the damn thing. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
yup, great pipe too by the way- you're gonna love it. I loved mine. I'd buy another in a second. Actually I did end up getting a second after I sold my first :lol:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice..thats what I like to hear. I cant wait to put it on and see what its about.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
I would suggest wearin gloves durin the install or clean the pipe off before you start the bike. The natural oils in your hands will make it look like shit if you don't. Ask me how I know.
Seg your sig is true. Nothin worse than the mornin sun accompanied by the headache and inability to balance.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tip..what happend it stained in??

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
The oils on your hands can leave prints on the stainless pipe, then when you start up it can kind of bake on is what he's sayin.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats what I figured thanks guys

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One more question. The ct pipe came with a jet kit, do you know if that kit will be all I need or should I look into jets as well?

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
The kit provided by CT is actually a good kit. Comes with new main jets and new titanium needles.

I forget if it came with new pilots or not though (been like 3 years). If it doesn't come with them, you'll probably want to buy two 25 pilot jets. Shouldn't be more than maybe $5-8 each and your local Yami shop should have them. If not, try the polaris/suzuki dealers etc. Honda uses a different style jet though, so Honda shop won't be much help.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
i bought my pipe from goldwestcycle (i think) and pilots werent included, but are necesssary. id look at the vitos kit. i love mine

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
vito's does have a good jet kit, it has everything you need.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Vito's is $50- good deal, except he only needs $15 in pilot jets since the CT comes with needles and mains already. The extended a/f screws are a nice bonus, but hardly necessary. Personally, I'd say save the $35 + shipping and just buy the pilots local.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks again guys

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
The jet kit that comes with is intended for only one application - their pipe with a stock airbox... if your airbox is open or modified, you're going to need main jets that are about 10 larger each, and 25 pilots.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was planning to run an open box, if thats the case I would be better off just getting the Vitos kit. Thanks again for all the help

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
The Vitos kit is a great deal - all the mains you need, 25 pilots, PLUS the bonus of the extended fuel screws - very nice to have.

I love my CT, and I do run open box with a pre-filter... just keeps the main filter cleaner longer.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I ran the ct pipe/needles 160/165 mains & 25 pilots w/ pro design intake and no lid for about a year. Ran great.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So the ct kit comes with 150/155 mains? Sorry for being a pain in the ass lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts