Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I plan on eventually buying the 3 mods this summer. But for right now i cant dish out the money and i was wondering if haveing the pro design intake with a k&n and the lid on would be alright to run with the stock settings. That meaning not buying the pc111 yet. The reason i want to do this is because i have been riding the dunes and i am just scared as hell i am going to get sand in the motor. I dont love how the foam filter seals to the box and sand usually gets about halfway down that seal. Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
126 Posts
This is an open loop FI system. It can not "adjust" itself to compensate. Sorry.

Personally, I advise against it. Why risk melting down such a bichin' toy? Sure, it's a very minimal risk of seriously hurting her (melting piston, etc), but it is harder on it than you need to be. In a nutshell, it's a dice roll. Odds are you will get away with it. But if you roll snakeyes....

Mine was definitely lean from the factory, as most seem to be. If I was to buy ONLY one of the big 3, I would go with the controller first. Fixing the "stock" lean running will help improve power and actually improve reliability.

And a good layer of grease (I use blue waterproof trailer bearing grease) on the foam filter flange will keep sand out as well or better than any aftermarket filter.

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
That's what I was gonna say, keep the lid on; it's going to limit the intake a lot, and exhaust will help regulate it as well. However, I agree with MWS, I would get the PCIII first and let everything else follow.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Spend the money and get the PCIII first. Then get the intake and exhaust later. "The little boost you might get from the intake only is not worth the possible damage."

PCIII = $260
Intake = $ 110

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.