Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i asked this up before but cant find it now....

i have a pro design kill switch and want to know where to connect the longer wire.

the instructions say to earth the short one and connect the long one to the pulse trigger lead from the stator assembly

just wondering which ons is the pusle trigger lead?
are these the group of wires the come out of the engine/gearbox on the clutch lever side?just above the front sprocket?

cheers!

~edit~

the switch is "always open" and when the tether is pulled, it closes the switch(contacts touch)

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
What year bike? I know my 06 is wired different than my buddies 05. My circuit is N/C and his is N/O on the kill switch.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Can't help there, My tether is opposite of yours and I just hooked it up to the kill switch on the bars. about a 10 minute job.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alrite cheers.

going through the service manual i figured thht the blue and yellow wire going into the ecu was the one i was looking for and it worked perfect.

kill switch fitted!

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Now I want to come to Ireland and ride! Both me and the honey are Irish (Sullivan and Riley) and would LOVE to tour the "homeland" :thumbsup:
You're welcome to come here and visit anytime and we'll put you up!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
in comparison to the US, there isnt alot of quading going on over here.

hopefully gonna enter my first race on sunday, depends on guilty ill feel if i call in sick for work :lol:

·
Registered
935 Posts
Hey guys i am new to this site but i also purchased this killswitch the pro design i hooked it up to the coil behind the right light where the ignition switch and key switch wires run to but i keep blowing fuses what have i done wrong please help! I have an 06 700 and would like to ride in some races but you need a killswitch well get back at me and thanks alot.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Well aparantley you dont ride your fourwheeler like a man because anybody who has fallen off of their F.I machine Knows that being fuel injected it will keep an idle and keep moving. I have buddies that have fallen off of their YFZ and it keeps going and that thing idles rough and his isnt even fuel injected so would just like to know if anyone knows how to wire this killswitch thanks alot!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
evlls1 said:
let go of clutch in gear + no gas from the throttle...... the shit cuts out dont care what it is.. it's not an automatic or i would understand it. and i know how to keep my shit on all four thank you very much :thumbsup:
I was doing a stupid foot in the grab bar wheelie on my warrior. Foot hit the ground, I fell off and watched my warrior go about 100 ft almost into the road. That day I ordered a kill switch.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
evlls1 said:
let go of clutch in gear + no gas from the throttle...... the shit cuts out dont care what it is.. it's not an automatic or i would understand it. and i know how to keep my shit on all four thank you very much :thumbsup:
Where I ride, idling off 10 feet without me can result in the quad going off the side of a mountain. A kill switch is a good insurance policy.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
tie the kill wire to the orange wire from the coil, if you tie into the red wire it blows fuses... also they will keepgoing till it hits somthing solid, i can putt around the yard in first gear without touching the gas.. so yes you need a kill teather, a race track wouldnt require one if it didnt need one.. plain and simple.

·
Registered
173 Posts
To put a N/O kill on:

On the 06 and 07 DO NOT hook to ANY wire off the coil, you can and at some point will keep poping fuses or the wireing harn. Here is the easy to find the correct wire:

1. find the set of wires coming out of the top of the case above the gear shifter on the left side. you will see a black rubber plug like thing with wires coming out ( think a total of 3 wires). 2, start the moter and let run. 3, take a test light and stab the wires one at a time. push the probe through the wire untill you hit the crank case to ground the wire. only one wire will kill it. 4. attach one wire from the kill to this wire and the other to a ground on the frame. 5. remember to seal your holes and conectors with sila. or something.

Oh ya, to the brain surgen who said they let out the cluch and the motor cut. Try doing the same when the bike is moving... bet it keeps going and going and going!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
and you think just stabbing any wire while it is running is any better then connecting to the coil!!! that would be a hell of a way to fry somthing electrical, at least in damn near every power sport piece of equipment at bare minimum you groung the coil to kill it, has been done since the invention of gasoline motors... i think you need to read up on the basic's of gasoline motor operations.. also why would proarmor tell you not to hook directly to the coil when in fact they sell an install kit to mount directly to the coil..

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wow and to think you made it out of bed on your own power today... Not just any wire the three from the stater. And BYT dumb ass, it is not ANY moter. This one has an ECM conected to it. When you cook your wireing harn. give me a call so I can laugh at you. Better yet call steve at prodesign. He made the thing. I would say to read the directions that comes with the switch, but that might be to much to ask of you!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.