Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched for this thread and didn't find an answer to my question, so here it goes...

Is Trinity's intake bigger than Prodesign? They claim they are, but I wanted to know of anyone had any proof; my experience with Trinity is that they will embellish on things to make it look like theirs is better. Is it worth paying the extra money for Trinity?

I measured a Pro Design tonight at a shop, the inside diameter is 3' and the outer diameter is 3.5" at it's biggest point, and Trinity advertises theirs is 3.5" but is it inner or outer?

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I'm going to say... I have the pro flow (prodesign w/ K&N)- any bigger filter and you aren't going to be able to run a box- she's tight. :grin_nod:

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't mind not running a box, but I run in more than just sand, so it won't work. I'm gonna call Trinity right now and just ask them if that is inner or outer diameter

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Maybe someone can chime in about fitting something bigger in an aluminum box.... expensive, but might solve the fit issue as well as different riding conditions issue. :thumbsup:

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TI called Trinity and they said their inner diameter is 3.5", and I measured Prodesign last night at my dealer and it is 3"; so Trinity is 1/5" bigger; well I know which one I'm getting now.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
SandDragon said:
I'm going to say... I have the pro flow (prodesign w/ K&N)- any bigger filter and you aren't going to be able to run a box- she's tight. :grin_nod:
WOW that is big, maybe too big? My prodesign touches the edges of the box. Anybody know if the Trinity fits???

·
Registered
657 Posts
I know Rocket Factory uses the Trinity ring with a bigger filter and they say that is the setup they have made the most power with. This is the setup I have coming with my Barker in frames and PCIII.

Jay

·
Registered
657 Posts
O don't get me wrong, had I had the Pro Design already I would not have switched. When I got in on the group buy for the Barkers I needed everything and Jason gave me a good deal on the package.

Jay

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yeah i got the Trinity adapter coming with the K+N (lid off ), PC III and the dual barkers coming anyone got a map till i can book myself in at the dyno ? any help would be greatly appreciated :help:

·
Registered
239 Posts
can you get the trinity adaptor with a foam style filter?? sorry if this is a stupid question just have not seen one

Ben

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Crafty Steve said:
Yeah i got the Trinity adapter coming with the K+N (lid off ), PC III and the dual barkers coming anyone got a map till i can book myself in at the dyno ? any help would be greatly appreciated :help:
Lets us know how big it is on the inner when you get it. I don't know if anyone noticed, but Sparky said that 3.5" was outter and he is pretty knowledgable about this stuff

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
I run the Trinity in my stock air box, no fittment issues. I didn't measure the inlet but 3-1/2" sounds big. I'll try to get some pics and measurements but it's 22 degrees here now so it may be a week or so. SORRY! Trinity stuff is nice, I run the 3 mods but it does have a chirp in the exhaust that can get annoying and it's louder than crap. I have an insert coming now.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
[CHAMP said:
]
does that mean these would be better as they use a 4inch inlet

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110110713414

and is just as cheap as any other kit

any thoughts before i order mine

Ben
Compare it's 'adapter' to the Trinity or others.

It seems to be 4" for bragging rights only. It then necks down to 3" or whatever on the inlet tube side. While I'm sure the others do that same (it has to connect), the difference is that there is no transition. That is horrible for flow.

ebay adaptor:

Trinity:

GYTR:

I'll probably end up going with GYTR or Trinity when I do mine if I don't do Sparky's airbox eliminator deal.

Shawn

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Awesome point! I'm taking mine off asap to check out the transition. Nothing a little machining can't fix. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
239 Posts
yeah good point didnt think the bigger inlet could make much difference if they all go down to the same size at the end anyway

i think i will just get the pro designs kit with the foam filter

Ben

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Sully0556 - what did you do.... it was 70 here last week. :lol:

I would like to know if anyone can post a pic of Trinity inside the airbox. Also, is it worth even running the box?

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wait, so I'm confised, did someone actuallt measure the inside of the Trinity? Trinity said the inside diameter is 3.5", if someone has ACTUALLY measured it and found that it is smaller, post the actual size, I could care less about outer diameter, because that can be varied, flow will be effected by inner, and I want to know if it's BS before I spend extra on it. The other reason Rocket Factory get more HP (I callled them too) is that they don't run an airbox, they have a filter that is too big for it, and they cut ot out except for the front of it where you bolt it down to. If I knew I would never run on dirt, I would remove the airbox, but in the NW it is way to wet to run without one in the dirt.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.