Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i totally forgot how to clean these things, i got the oil just for got the best way of cleaning them, anyone know.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I got the foam one. I spray it down with some foam filter cleaner inside and out and let it sit for a few minutes. Then I hose it off from the inside. I'm not sure if flushing it from the outside will push dirt through so I rinse from the inside. Squeeze -not wring- the excess water out and then go do something else while it dries out completely. Re-oil once it's dry and call it good.

I'm probably going to try Simple Green or something similar next time. It's cheap and it works pretty good on other stuff. I'll still stick with the real deal when it comes to oiling it back up though. Anybody else use a different cleaner?

·
Registered
343 Posts
i too have a pro flow foam filter. cleaning it is easy. oiling is the pain. those cones inside make it difficult to evenly apply the oil. i'm not real happy with it, probably will swith to the k/n filter.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
DO NOT spray it off from the outside. It could force dirt through the filter. Spray inside out and do not use an air compressor.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so the best way is?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
get some filter cleaner, soak it and then let it air dry. Then oil it and put it back in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts