Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a pro tec mo flow lid and i noticed that when u put it on it seems that it doesnt fit tight. Has anyone else had this issue with theirs. If so give a fellow raptor lover a good idea to make sure its completely sealed, dont want to get any water in that air box! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I put mine on...it does seem a bit on the loose side, but I have washed the rappy a couple of times and havn't seen water in near the intake. I do know though, some people went ahead and put very thing weather stripping on, just to "make sure" water won't penetrate...Im thinking about doing it, since the rainy season is coming :thumbsup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have heard about the weather stripping. i was just wondering if there was any other good ideas out there. i havent rode mine with the new lid did you feel a noticible difference?

·
Registered
386 Posts
I also heard of the weather stripping to seal the border. I had planned on buying the pro flow but decided against it because of the fit. I ended up buying the EHS Racing lid. I never heard of any other way to keep it sealed other than the stripping because most other ways would prevent you from taking the lid on and off and maintaining the seal. I would just use the weather stripping IMO, but there are prob some other great ways of doing it. I wouldnt mind hearing some myself.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Don't know, this might sound dumb, but when I wrecked my first like, 3 times..both my headlights broke off. I used some rubber silicon to fasten 'em back on. Maybe if you used that on the inside of the lid just around the borders, im pretty sure it'd keep all water out....just not sure how durable it would be (but hey, my headlights are still on...)

·
Registered
397 Posts
The silicon would be pretty durable. I think the hard part would be getting a nice even, thin layer. Too lumpy and you'll have areas not sealing.
My Mo-Flow lid fits pretty well. If I put anything on it it would have to be very thin and compress near flat. I can hardly work the snaps on my airbox as it is. Certainly not as easily as with the stock lid.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I too have decided against this lid because ive heard alot of stories about the ill fit. You would think for that money it would fit near perfect.

·
Registered
121 Posts
thats why i went with EHS lids....for that much money it should fit snug

·
Registered
568 Posts
Just ordered mine.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.