Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Depends on what you're doing with it. Trail and dune cruising usually means a taller bar with more sweep back. MX and flattrack are usually low, flat bars with xc types in between.

Take the oem specs and decide what you don't like, then choose accordingly.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I'd like the bars to be taller and farther back. It's hard for me to hit jumps right because they make me lean forward. :3question:

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone have the stock bar specs? I don't really have any way of easily/accurately taking all those measurements.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
firstraptor said:
They list a Raptor ATV Sport model, is it the same bar or a coincidence of names?
I haven't compared them, could be OEM bend or a "sport" version of the OEM bend.

I usually look up the specs for the raptor OEM bend in specs from multiple bar mfr's like renthal, fmf, and others. They sometimes vary a little, but you get a good idea of what the stock specs are.

·
Registered
679 Posts
well i just got the se bend for the my raptor and my dad liked them so much that he got a pair and he loves them he is 5 11 but if not go the yamaha store and check the yfz 450 casue they coem with the se bends.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The difference between the "mid" and "high" bend is the height, right?

If that's the case, I think I'll order the mid bend and the riser kit so I can adjust it to where I need it.

Do I need to anticipate any other costs besides the bars, riser kit, and grips?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
pewterpecker said:

If that's the case, I think I'll order the mid bend and the riser kit so I can adjust it to where I need it.

Beer for the install. Thats it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mmmmm.... beer... :crazy: LOL. It's just not wrenching if you're not seeing two of everything! :grin_nod:

Oh, and do you know the difference between mid and high bend?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
pewterpecker said:

Depending on how high you raise it you may need a throttle cable and brake lines. An inch would be ok.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
pewterpecker said:
Oh, and do you know the difference between mid and high bend?
I dont know the hieght difference, thats why I went with the mid and just got the riser kit so I could adjust it exactly how I wanted. And I believe you have about 1.5" before you have to get new cables. I know I have my mid bends with the medium setup and that riser kit and I have plently of play left in my cables.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's the specs for the bends:

Width Height Pullback
ATV Low Bend 32.00" 5.50" 3.30"
ATV Mid Bend 32.00" 5.90" 3.00"
ATV High Bend 32.00" 6.30" 3.94"

I'm still trying to find the stock bar specs...

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
pewterpecker said:
Also, any suggestions on grips?
I go through grips a lot due to switching between twists and thumb so I go for the cheap Scott Hurricane full waffles. They're about 9 bucks at the local dealership.

I used to run the Factory 909 gel grips, they were comfy but too expensive to replace multiple times a year. I think they were around 16-18 plus shipping from magic back when they carried them.

Oury grips are very popular, seem nice from the limited experience I have with them.

Dimensions of stock replacement bars are found in the same places you'll find the other bar dimensions:

Raptor 660:
Width: 785mm
Height: 140mm
Sweep/Pullback: 100mm
Rise: 105mm
Clamp area width: 155mm

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's interesting, that means all but the most aggresive of the pro-taper bends are flatter, as in they bring you forward while riding.

The "high bend" matches stock pullback, and the "low bend" matches stock height. They're all wider by a little more than an inch. This must mean that most riders are looking for a taller bar, but want to lean further forward...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts