Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I have the atv mid but they do touch the gas tank piece a little bit so I added some raisers. I heard the Raptor bend doesnt touch at all. Rocky Mountain has them for a great deal, find something else to buy too to make the order 100+ and you get free shipping.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I just bought the pro taper se raptor bend. I got them from rocky mountain atv for 65.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
06RAPPY700R said:
I just bought the pro taper se raptor bend. I got them from rocky mountain atv for 65.
+1 just got mine last weekend... fit great but watch out for which grips you get. make sure they are ATV grips and not dirt bike grips, they wont fit. Also when putting back on the brakes and other controlls, dont torgue down on the screw cause it will mess up the thread... LOL I found out the hard way. -- WOODY

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
W69DY said:
06RAPPY700R said:
+1 just got mine last weekend... fit great but watch out for which grips you get. make sure they are ATV grips and not dirt bike grips, they wont fit. Also when putting back on the brakes and other controlls, dont torgue down on the screw cause it will mess up the thread... LOL I found out the hard way. -- WOODY
+2 Got mine From Rocky Mountain also love them.. They are the Raptor Bend :thumbsup:

·
Registered
332 Posts
T2 model is not for raptor? i don't like se very much, because it the bar in the middle.Onother brand? To change the stabilizer for trailtech computer should i change also the steering stem, or feets to the stock?

·
Registered
899 Posts
blackraptor said:
T2 model is not for raptor? i don't like se very much, because it the bar in the middle.Onother brand? To change the stabilizer for trailtech computer should i change also the steering stem, or feets to the stock?
T2 CR double high with trail tech clamps

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Pro Taper Raptor bend +1, The key switch housing fits in nicely and the bend is much better than stock. As for grips, I've discovered Oury. These grips are the shizz. They are so soft, The other after market grips I had wore out like the stockers. I have been using Oury grips since the Blaster days and will never buy anthing else again, You can get em' in diff. colors too. I bought three pairs about June of 06', the first pair still looks like new!!! They are super cheap too, crazy. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
239 Posts
i have the pro tapers in the atv high bend and they also rub on the tank, have risers ordered so wont be a problem after that

Ben

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Hey Champ, you might wanna be carefull about cable lengths with risers, don't know how far up you're going but it would suck to spend coin on somethin' that don't work. I was gonna get risers but I just pushed my bars forward a little bit and it made a huge diff. We all have 7/8" bars I think... anybody got some 1 1/8"?

·
Registered
239 Posts
there does seem to be a bit of play in the cables it should be ok moving the bars forward wont give me enought clearence for the tank

Ben

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Cool, Please post some pics of riser when ya get it on!! What brand/height are you getting?

·
Registered
239 Posts
i ordered the kit from rmatv but they are on back order, not sure which size i will use i guess what ever feels the most comfortable

Ben

·
Registered
332 Posts
Nice pic oli700 thanks :thumbsup: Do i have to use hi bend for the gas tank? I dont like hi handlebars, i want somethink lower than stock. Do you believe pro taper evo series is better than tag t2? Which one is for raptor? Do all these have the same wide? Does Trail tech clams fit to the stock steering stem?thanks.....

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i have pro taper se atv HI, they hit the tank,i'll need me some risers soon..but i love the bars, and i wouldn't want to push them any more forward because they are very comfortable where they are, i had bought twist throttle grips on accident and had to return them, i bought MSR grips i think > but i need to add more glue to the end, it's twisting a little, i might just add all new grips...

·
Registered
899 Posts
What you circled is actually some wires that run down from the master cylinder. It is at its limit but still has enough slack to do a full turn both ways.

Blackraptor, The CR double high is still quite a bit shorter than stock. Without the riser they would rub the tank. All the height comes from the risers. Stock dimensions on any bar would be too tall for stock cables/wires with the Trail Tech clamp…..at least I wouldn’t want to stretch my stock stuff any further.
Pro Taper makes one of the best bars in the world and I’m sure the EVO is top shelf. I’ve had PT on bikes and loved them…….I just wanted to give Tag a try.
Yes, the Trail Tech clamps fit the stock stem. They come in 7/8” and 1 1/8” for bar diameter.

I think you would like a set of regular old Cr high on TT clamps……would be just a tad shorter than stock….every company makes CR high and they will all work with a set of risers. And the dirtbike bends are a lot more comfortable….especially the CR bends.

·
Registered
357 Posts
oli700 said:
What you circled is actually some wires that run down from the master cylinder. It is at its limit but still has enough slack to do a full turn both ways.
yeah, I ment that. :lol:

Can you snap a pic at full right hand turn? I'm looking at doing a new bar/stem or riser setup and I like the way yours looks. You know of anyone who sells extension kits?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts