Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
its kind of like apples to oranges... the pro tapers are a good upgrade from stock and the flexx bars are a great competition bar... like the cadillac of handle bars

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
Once you go Flexx, you never go back, ask anyone who has them 8)

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
I'm probably gonna get :chair:

but I've always though Flexx bars are a bit of a gimmick. I've never thought after a race "what I need is fancy shock absorbing bars" I always thought that arm pump and 'the claw' is caused by hanging on and using the clutch and brake for hrs on end. Having said that, I've never tried Flexx bars so.....maybe I'll shut up. But I'd rather put the $500 towards a steering damper or shocks.

·
2,679 Posts
It's a big difference, would you rather have a solid handlebar get jolted by the terrain and cause pain & loss of control to your wrist/arm/shoulder ? Or would you rather have a handle bar that has some give to it and flexx's along, keeping you in control and not worn out.

I guess you could compare it to trying to walk a dog by holding on to their collar, or walking a dog with a leash...big difference. I didn't wanna spend the $$$ either, but it was one of the best investments I made for my quad other than the steering dampener.

·
2,679 Posts
14deg quad bend, with a +2 anti-vibe stem. Most comfortable bend, OEM bend is very uncomfortable.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
I'm probably gonna get :chair:

but I've always though Flexx bars are a bit of a gimmick. I've never thought after a race "what I need is fancy shock absorbing bars" I always thought that arm pump and 'the claw' is caused by hanging on and using the clutch and brake for hrs on end. Having said that, I've never tried Flexx bars so.....maybe I'll shut up. But I'd rather put the $500 towards a steering damper or shocks.
I thought the same way until I tried them. Although I agree with your thinking on a steering stabilizer. It's also one of those things that once you have one, you'll never go without.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I thought the same way until I tried them. Although I agree with your thinking on a steering stabilizer. It's also one of those things that once you have one, you'll never go without.
I got both at once so I can't say which one is better.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts