Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I asked the same question a week or so ago if you search the topic it should come up and you will get some good feedback. Everyone says ehs is better quality and fit. Good luck

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have the EHS lid and it's great. It seals up nicely (it's a modified stock airbox lid) and doesnt let a drop of water or dirt in the box. I've heard mixed reviews on the moflo box. I know someone on this board (can't remember who :banghead: ) had/has one and wasn't happy with its form, fit or function.

Frank

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have the EHS lid as well but I really would like to know how much clearance is between the top of the stock lid and the bottom of the seat whem my 180Lb butt is on it. The EHS bolts the filter frame Sandwich style to the stock lid leaving a ~3/16" lip on top of the lid. With this lid the snorkle is also blocked off so all air is pulled through the Smallish filter. So with this raised lip I think there is a lot less air available to the filter than if you just lift the lid off. I think tuning would/should be different for filtered lid vs. no lid in the EHS case.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Thumperfan said:
I have the EHS lid as well but I really would like to know how much clearance is between the top of the stock lid and the bottom of the seat whem my 180Lb butt is on it. The EHS bolts the filter frame Sandwich style to the stock lid leaving a ~3/16" lip on top of the lid. With this lid the snorkle is also blocked off so all air is pulled through the Smallish filter. So with this raised lip I think there is a lot less air available to the filter than if you just lift the lid off. I think tuning would/should be different for filtered lid vs. no lid in the EHS case.
I took out the foam that was in the snorkel. I dont remember ever getting much water/mud down the stock snorkel when I ran lid on when it was stock!

I have tried it with and without the EHS lid and cannot tell a difference with the butt dyno. I have also put the stock lid on and taken it off and there was a felt impact by doing that.....

I recomend the EHS lid, if you need to run a lid but want the performance of running no-lid. I had the moflow on the yfz and it didnt fit snug, raddled around and pissed me off.
As far as flow difference....I doubt there is any difference between the EHS and MOflow.
Take out that foam in the snorkle though....there is no reason to clog that up.....mud isnt going to splash up inside the stock snorkle very easily!

Heres a pic of my setup...I also did a review on the EHS lid if you search you'll find it.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
They dont stuff that snorkle for the heck of it. I'm more worried about sucking the silt and dust in than water and clumps of mud. It's plugged so all incomming air has to pass through the pre filter first.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Thumperfan said:
They dont stuff that snorkle for the heck of it. I'm more worried about sucking the silt and dust in than water and clumps of mud. It's plugged so all incomming air has to pass through the pre filter first.
and all I am saying is the stock lid does a damn good job alone from keeping crap out. You cant get max performance AND max filtration....you have to sacrifice somewhere.

Your worried about clearance between the lid and the seat an then your plugging up the stock way of getting air into the box....I dont understand where you are coming from. Its either performance or clog up the whole thing.

Let me ask you this.....did you get the aftermarket EHS lid for better performance, or did you think the stock lid did not do a good enough job of shielding against debree? You know, air has to get in at somepoint!
I think you got the lid for performance reasons, and it was a safer route of achieving performance while being safe....that doesnt mean you cant keep the stock snorkel open though too? Did you have a problem with it stock with the lid on? Why plug it now? :3question:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts