Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so ive become almost certain its gotta be a rev limiter. If you watch the first video to see the symptom.
I took off the green/white wire from reverse sensor and ran it up to the battery and when I try and ground the wire its just sparks. It won't spark if I touch it to the ground point on engine but if I do and try and start the quad it melts the wire almost instantly.
I also started it with the green/white wire disconnected and NOT grounded and get the same symptom. Its ok till about half throttle then hits a wall
Below is links to video of symptom and trying to ground green/white wire
Symptom
Grounding rev

·
Master of the Electron
14,895 Posts
You have a bad ground from battery to harness/frame.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no ground to the frame, only to the engine on stator cover. Is the frame a necessity if I fixed the limiter by cutting it near cdi and if so where should I but the frame ground

·
Master of the Electron
14,895 Posts
The engine should be grounded (connected to battery minus) via the large negative battery cable. Make sure this cable is well connected and in good shape - I think your's is not and therefore is forcing small wires to make the ground connection during starting which will melt them.

If the engine is properly grounded the frame should be too - through the engine mounting bolts.

The harness has a black wire as ground along its entire length... this terminates at the battery negative terminal and is used to ground all accessory connections.

Connect the green/white where you wish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts