Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a pair of these...

http://www.trailtech.net/551-SR.html

each light has 2 wires.. so i connected one to each wire for the lights on my quad.. that didnt work, so i switched the wires.. didnt work either..

how am i supposed to install these? because my way doesnt work.. lol

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well, Which wires in the old harness did you hook up to? The Hi, Low and ground run through the same harness............

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I just installed a set of HID's recently and I cut the harness plugs loose from the stock headlights for easy removal of the trailtech if ever needed. I can't remember the color of the wires but just get yourself a multimeter and test the wires to see which one comes on with the swith in the low and high beam positions. I put my flood on for low beams and the spot and flood on for the high beams. It works great :thumbsup:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, each light has 2 wires only (white and black).. so i'm guessing 1 is the ground and 1 power..

i'll have to take the grille out and try to find the stock wires, and hope they are in good shape (last owner tried to put lights in and couldnt do it right so i think one wire harness might be gone) lol

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have some HIDs also. I left the wiring harness alone but clipped the wires coming out of the stock lights. I'm gonna ditch them down the road anyway. I swapped some wires around so the low beam switch turns on the headlight high beams and the high beam switch runs the handlebar mounted HIDs.

My HIDs cut out sometimes so I think I'm going to solder everything. I'm hoping is just a loose crimp or something. I have to shut them off for a few seconds and then turn them back on.

I used a test light. Key on, switch on low and started checking wires. Same thing for high beams.

·
Registered
440 Posts
if its a dual filiment bulb (high and low) the two wires are for high and low and it grounds to the frame where you mount it. but if it dont then one is power and one is ground.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
raptsson said:
if its a dual filiment bulb (high and low) the two wires are for high and low and it grounds to the frame where you mount it. but if it dont then one is power and one is ground.
got it.. i'm gonna try it out again this weekend.. cause riding around at night with a maglite taped to my bumper guard really sucks.. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts