Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i did search a lot and nothing came up, my problem is thatinstalling the sensor on the inner plastic guard is weak in my opinion, and the c clamp is fine, but when installed behind the guard, the bolts will hit the rotor.

the magnet is just fine in the rotor bolt but the sensor is giving me a hard time.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
The C clap mounts to the spindle (I think) but the important thing is to ream out a hole on the plastic guard so it sticks through it. The plastic guard is not a mounting option.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i mounted it to the spindle, behind the guard but the bolt heads will hit against the brake disc

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
i mounted it to the spindle, behind the guard but the bolt heads will hit against the brake disc
on the sensor you have 2 bolts right? 1 in front of the bracket and 1 on the back. Just loosen them up and thread it back a little. Can you take a pic and post it up? We may be talking about 2 different things. :lol:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
in the pics you can see how the bolts that hold the rock guard and c clamp will not clear the brake disc, the sensor that goes in the clamp does not hace a problem but the one on the spindle wont clear the rock guard either.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I think you have the C bracket mounted 180º in the wrong spot. the C of the clap goes towards the back. Its hard to tell from the pics, it that the case?

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I guess it also depends on what side of the bike youput it on. I had it on the left side while sitting on the bike and the c clamp was pointing (if you will) towards the back of the bike.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have it on the right wheel facing the back, i cant imagine how it will be different if i mount it on the left side.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I had to drill out the section of the rock guard to make it fit right. I think I understand what you're saying now. If you drill/cut out the section of guard where the sensor picks up it should then sit flush again.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats part one, but the bolts that hold the rock guard to the spidle wont clear the brake disc because of the thickness that the c clamp adds

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Can you remove the hub and take a pic of the spindle straight on? I dont remember the rock guard being what holds on the clamp. I want to say the clamp uses 2 different holes but without seeing a pic of it its hard to say for sure.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I called Dale since he is at home so he can snap a pic of his installed, but I think he removed the rock guard all together. Sorry man, I'm still at work. Nothing looks wrong that I can see, but I'm sure I'm missing something.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that still wont solvemy problem where the rock guard bolts wont clear the brake discs because of the added thickness

1 - 20 of 42 Posts