Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys I have a big problem with my raptor 660 years 2005 I purchased online a starter one way clutch gear xtreme full oem 52 teeth.
I got this kit for the Raptor 660 04-05 years
but now after I arrived and unmount the housing to mount the kit I noticed that my stator and flywheel 'smaller than the one way starter clutch on my chassis number is the tenth 5 deco What do I do? the flywheel 2001-2003 year is more 'small in 2004-2005? help me for this problem are on foot. thanks guys

·
Master of the Electron
15,680 Posts
Yes, the 01-03 flywheel and one-way are smaller diameter. Either your engine was replaced, at some point, with an earlier year, or the original owner replaced the flywheel and one-way with the earlier units - some do this to 'lighten' the flywheel.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the 01-03 flywheel and one-way are smaller diameter. Either your engine was replaced, at some point, with an earlier year, or the original owner replaced the flywheel and one-way with the earlier units - some do this to 'lighten' the flywheel.
understood .... but I should sell the one way starter clutch and gear 2004-2005? or should I buy a flywheel 2004 - 2005?

·
Master of the Electron
15,680 Posts
Your choice... but it might be easier if you just talk to the source of your one-way, tell them the issue and ask for the 01-03 unit in trade.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your choice... but it might be easier if you just talk to the source of your one-way, tell them the issue and ask for the 01-03 unit in trade.
I do not accept the change ... also because 'of shipping and customs and return it takes $ 190

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
When you buy a 04-05 flywheel and you use ebay make sure your actually getting a 04-05 flywheel. There are lots of chop shops selling raptor parts on ebay that list them as 04 or 05 to make their parts seem newer and less worn out. When actually they are selling older parts.

I went through 3 ebay flywheels trying to get an 04-05 flywheel. They kept sending me the 01-03's.

·
Master of the Electron
15,680 Posts
I do not accept the change ... also because 'of shipping and customs and return it takes $ 190
Well then, since we don't know your circumstances, costs, location, shipping and customs charges or anything else related to this, you need to make the decision based upon these factors which you DO know. We can't help you make a decision unless we know all the facts involved.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok guys, however, mine is 2004 2005 for sure because there is also written on the envelope of one-way clutch and then start from what I understand the flywheel 2001 2003 is smaller so I need a one-way starters 2001-2003.

·
Master of the Electron
15,680 Posts
Yes, re-read post #2. You need an 01-03 one way, or an 04-05 flywheel... your choice.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
The 01-03 flywheel has a smaller diameter bolt pattern for the one way too. The 04-05's one way has a larger opeaning where the race on the 52t gear rides as well. I think that is why the 04-05's have less trouble with the one way. Larger diamter race on the 52t gear allows for less stress on the one way and gear.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 01-03 flywheel has a smaller diameter bolt pattern for the one way too. The 04-05's one way has a larger opeaning where the race on the 52t gear rides as well. I think that is why the 04-05's have less trouble with the one way. Larger diamter race on the 52t gear allows for less stress on the one way and gear.
ok guys
i buy the starter one way clutch 2003

1 - 11 of 11 Posts