Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as in my posts before i said i have no lid with outerwears, k&n, cdi from dynatek, 165-170 mains, 27.5 pilots, 3 turns on fuel screw, needles raised one clip. the problem is,

first if i start out from stopped it hauls asss to the top of 5th gear, then if i slow right down from fith and then try to speed p again lets say in second or third and it is revving really low its starts missing sputtering and finally dies, but if when it is doing this i shift down a gear and get some revs going it takes off and just ripps again...

plug collor seems to be perfect...and it only does this when you slow down and bog it at low rpms.

Any ideas..it seems to me as though maybe it is to rich and flodding when this happens????

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry guys put it in the wrong section

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Tried running awhile at low rpm and checking the plug?
When you try to accell from low rpm are you just pinning the throttle or giving it some throttle so it'll accelerate?

If I find myself in the wrong gear I'll nail it and slip the clutch to get the rpm up. Might not be the best for the clutch but thier fairly cheap.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
i would guess you are too rich at idle to 1/4 throttle. Put 25 pilots in and try it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts