Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just got done rebuilding the top end of my rappy, and the thing was running aswome i done the break in procedure and took it easy on it for a while. Just got back from a riding trip form claycity Ky , no problems out of the quad all weekend. But when i get home i put her up in the garage and i went out the next day to start her up and she wont start. It was barley cranking over so i jumped it off and let it warm up and went to take of down the road and when i pulled the clutch in to go to 2 it died and when i tried to start it the motor was turning over easy but when i tried to give it gas the motor slowed way down almoste like it was binding up but it only does it when i push the throttle and it wont start at all unless i jump it and even then it will only idel i cant ride it with out it staling. does any one know what can be causing this? I am lost need to get this thing going any hlep is appericated, Thanks in advance :mad:

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Well i just got done rebuilding the top end of my rappy, and the thing was running aswome i done the break in procedure and took it easy on it for a while. Just got back from a riding trip form claycity Ky , no problems out of the quad all weekend. But when i get home i put her up in the garage and i went out the next day to start her up and she wont start. It was barley cranking over so i jumped it off and let it warm up and went to take of down the road and when i pulled the clutch in to go to 2 it died and when i tried to start it the motor was turning over easy but when i tried to give it gas the motor slowed way down almoste like it was binding up but it only does it when i push the throttle and it wont start at all unless i jump it and even then it will only idel i cant ride it with out it staling. does any one know what can be causing this? I am lost need to get this thing going any hlep is appericated, Thanks in advance :mad:
Check for water in the spark plug cavity. Also check for water in the fuel and carb bowls.........

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Willy you wer right ther was water down in the spark plug hole. I cleand it out and it started right up with out jumping it and it running perfect Thanks agin

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Thanks Willy you wer right ther was water down in the spark plug hole. I cleand it out and it started right up with out jumping it and it running perfect Thanks agin
Wow. What a guess. :D:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Willy, if only you would get a nickel for each time you chime in.....I have seen great advise coming from you and quite a few others who keep the rest of us alive. Thanks!

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Willy, if only you would get a nickel for each time you chime in.....I have seen great advise coming from you and quite a few others who keep the rest of us alive. Thanks!
Thanks bud..........:D

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Wow. What a guess. :D:D
COME ON! You can't be right ALL THE TIME! LOL! Aren't you EVER wrong? I'm glad nobody is keeping an official score, there would be a few people up top the leaderboard in a landslide, and the rest of us wayyyyyy down at the bottom. Willy would be one of the ones at the top, clearly, hahah.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
COME ON! You can't be right ALL THE TIME! LOL! Aren't you EVER wrong? I'm glad nobody is keeping an official score, there would be a few people up top the leaderboard in a landslide, and the rest of us wayyyyyy down at the bottom. Willy would be one of the ones at the top, clearly, hahah.
Oh come on guys, I'm not always right, and you know something, I learn everyday from this forum also........:D

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
+1, i sure learned alot from this forum....

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
I learn from WILLY!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Oh come on guys, I'm not always right, and you know something, I learn everyday from this forum also........:D
You aren't? ???

What do you learn? How much the rest of us really don't know? :D

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
You aren't? ???

What do you learn? How much the rest of us really don't know? :D
I learn from everyone elses problems or questions, I troubleshoot to figure out what could be a possible solution and voice my opinion, it isnt that I have seen all these problems before, some I have, I just use common sense from what I know of the Raptor and direct you in a way I would normally trouble shoot the problem.............:)

Can any one guess why I joined this forum in 2007, I was trying to learn about a certain mod to the 660 Raptor...............;)

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I learn from everyone elses problems or questions, I troubleshoot to figure out what could be a possible solution and voice my opinion, it isnt that I have seen all these problems before, some I have, I just use common sense from what I know of the Raptor and direct you in a way I would normally trouble shoot the problem.............:)

Can any one guess why I joined this forum in 2007, I was trying to learn about a certain mod to the 660 Raptor...............;)
I know, but I want to see if anyone elce can quess...:)

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
3 Plugger?

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
Oil mod?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts