Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday i went out to the shop to fire up the rappy to warm her up and keep her running, it was a little cold out and it turned over well but had stuttered a little.
When i let go of the start button it stopped instantly with a small clunk and tried to start again but sounds like the brand new starter clutch is gone, the starter turns over but not the motor like it did before.
it has a brand new one way and have 2 rides on it with no problems.
Wondering if i sheered off the woodruf key on the shaft? what do you think.
it has a ALBA racing 3 degree woodruf key, if that matters.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
yesterday i went out to the shop to fire up the rappy to warm her up and keep her running, it was a little cold out and it turned over well but had stuttered a little.
When i let go of the start button it stopped instantly with a small clunk and tried to start again but sounds like the brand new starter clutch is gone, the starter turns over but not the motor like it did before.
it has a brand new one way and have 2 rides on it with no problems.
Wondering if i sheered off the woodruf key on the shaft? what do you think.
it has a ALBA racing 3 degree woodruf key, if that matters.
Make sure your battery is fully charged & in good working order...They can be funny sometimes.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Pull the cover and check it out. Put a stock key back in there. When they kick back like that they are hard on the keys. I don't think you will see any advantage to running that 3 degree key anyway.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys i am hoping its the key ,thats easy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts