Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I just got back from a snowy trip upstate and had a blast riding the 660. But my Elka shocks (not even a year old, maybe 20 hours) Make the ride so ridiculously bumpy. To the point where my arms are killing me. I have them adjusted as loose as they can possibly go. Does anybody else have this problem? Also the c-clip on my G-Force axle keeps coming off. I've had to buy 4 of them so far. Its the one on the rotor side. Is this common? Or do you think my axle could just be bent? Thanks in advance guys for any input:)

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Hey all. I just got back from a snowy trip upstate and had a blast riding the 660. But my Elka shocks (not even a year old, maybe 20 hours) Make the ride so ridiculously bumpy. To the point where my arms are killing me. I have them adjusted as loose as they can possibly go. Does anybody else have this problem? Also the c-clip on my G-Force axle keeps coming off. I've had to buy 4 of them so far. Its the one on the rotor side. Is this common? Or do you think my axle could just be bent? Thanks in advance guys for any input:)
If the shocks work well in the warmer climate, but not in the colder climate, then you may just need to change the shock oil to a lower viscosity, if not contact ELKA...........

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
If I remember correctly the g force axles clips where slightly different sizes. I believe the larger / thicker one went on the axle nut side.

Where are you getting the replacement clips from?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty sure the adjustments did make them worse. In the fall it wasn't nearly as bumpy so maybe changing that oil may help. But I don't think I'll be riding again until the spring anyway. I'm getting the replacement clips straight from G-Force. The only place I could find them after days of searching. Thanks fellas

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have had a g-force axle on my raptor for 3 years and havnt ever had any or the 2 clips come off.

·
Registered
701 Posts
ok you guys are making nervous. I am fixing to buy a new axle because i bent mine and i was thinking about the g force but the more research i do the more i see about clips and axle nuts loosing the more i am leaning towards a pro II....:eek:

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
If you have the extra money to spend, get the PRM. But for the price the G-force is great.

As for reliability issues, while some have complained of clips and loosening axle nuts, I have not had either of these issues nor have I seen them happen to friends or fellow riders out on the trail.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have been running the g force axle on my bike for just over a year now and have had no such problems with it. the only issue i have had is that i made the mistake of also buying the nice alluminum hubs with the bolt to tighten down onto the splines. I found that no matter how much i torqued the bolt down it would still back out. i even would use the red locktite on it. the hub splines ended up stripping out but the axle splines were still good. So i put the stock hubs back on and havent had any problems. they are heavier but such is life

1 - 10 of 10 Posts