Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I went riding sunday. I was going up a hill in a wheelie (the hill wasnt steep, I was just playing around) It made a very loud POP AND DIED. I hit the break and tried starting it back up, it made the infamous CLANK that you hear when your one-way is going out. I rolled back down the hill and let it cool down for about a half hour and it still wouldnt start back up. I loaded it up and took it home. I went back out there yesterday(wednesday) and tried starting it. It doesn't make the clanking anymore from the one-way but it just keeps turning over, almost acting like its not getting fuel. Any input would be appreciated guys!
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
got the fuel turned on? spray some starting fluid in the carb and see if it fires

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
Check your airbox to see if its got fuel in it. Also check the carb to intake boots - carbs fully inserted and tight.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, so you don't think its the 1-way starter clutch?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:bump:

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
If the starter is turning the engine over but the engine is not starting this has nothing to do with the one-way... doesn't mean that it may need to be replaced, but it IS turning the engine over.

The clank is common when the engine dies unexpectedly - the piston can get pushed down when on the compression stroke, turning everything backwards. The one way makes a clank, the starter turns backwards and makes a whizzing sound.

If you're not starting (but engine is turning over) check for spark first. If it's there, spray starting fluid in the carb throats. If it starts or almost starts now, there is a carb issue.

The POP may have blown a carb off of the intake manifold boot - that would be my first check (even before checking for spark).

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Yep, carbs may have been blown off................

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks guys it was my intake boots! didnt blow them off but it completely tore holes in both of them, got new ones and they're on! thanks for all your help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts