Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The powder coating on my AC blacklines dosn't seem to have bonded at all. I only went ridding for a little while at the mx track and when I went to wash them the powder coating started flaking off. I was using just a hose and not the pressure washer. Any one else have problems with their AC nerfs?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Sounds like it wasnt bonded dense enough ..maybe improper grounding or not enough charge when powder coating?..

·
Registered
297 Posts
bummer to hear that guam. i havent had that problem but i can imagine that its not a pleasant one to have

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
yeah, I had mine flake off on 2 parts of my nerfs.. really big bummer, I'm tempted to just sand and paint.... :confused:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mine seem to be okay. Numerous digs from the rock trails here, but they don't appear to be flaking off as of yet. Bummer about yours... could it be a warranty issue??? AC seems to be a quality manufacturer overall....

DJ

·
Registered
882 Posts
definately a bonding problem guam..looks more like it was caused by the hardness process(the oven)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Man, that sucks.
It reminds me of a car I had in the late '70s. Ordered brand new. They said not to wash it for a month til the paint cured, which I'm guessing was common back then cause I was told that twice :confused:. I didn't figure rinsing mud off the rocker panels and such with a hose would hurt... it looked just like that where the mud was. The mud had bonded better to the paint than the paint had to the metal :mad:

I'd call 'em.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well i got an email back from AC
"HI CHRIS ,LOOKS LIKE OUR POWDER COATER MISSED ACID DIPPING THEM FIRST ,I NEED TO
TALK TO MY BOSS WHO HAS LEFT FOR THE DAY ,SO I WILL GET BACK TO YOU ON MONDAY
,WE WILL STAND BEHIND OUR PRODUCT ,SO DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT PART ,WILL CONTACT
YOU ON MONDAY ,THANKS STEVE A.C RACE MANAGER"

They're going to pay for shippping them back and they are already sending me a new set.
Too bad they will just have to sit and look preaty on my rappy with my shoulder and all. But I was glad to see how well they are taking care of me.

·
Registered
767 Posts
That's great, there aren't too many companys left that will stand behind their product.

GuamRaptor700 said:
Well i got an email back from AC
"HI CHRIS ,LOOKS LIKE OUR POWDER COATER MISSED ACID DIPPING THEM FIRST ,I NEED TO
TALK TO MY BOSS WHO HAS LEFT FOR THE DAY ,SO I WILL GET BACK TO YOU ON MONDAY
,WE WILL STAND BEHIND OUR PRODUCT ,SO DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT PART ,WILL CONTACT
YOU ON MONDAY ,THANKS STEVE A.C RACE MANAGER"

They're going to pay for shippping them back and they are already sending me a new set.
Too bad they will just have to sit and look preaty on my rappy with my shoulder and all. But I was glad to see how well they are taking care of me.

·
Registered
610 Posts
"That's great, there aren't too many companys left that will stand behind their product."

One comes immediately to mind.... and I don't mean Dr D

;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Congrats! I'm glad they are taking care of you, even sending you a new set and covering all costs. This particular post just sold my buddy on a set for his yfz. Quality product and service.

DJ

1 - 15 of 15 Posts