Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 02 raptor 660 two months ago and it sat for along time before I bought it I started it up and it started rIght up. Well I rebuilt the. Arab and it seemed to still run crappy I changed the oil and such forth and I was riding it one day and it was run crappy and loud I took the cover off the exhaust and found that it had broke so a friend of mine welded it solid but when I looked at it it looked like it was tack welded originally . I put it on the bike and now the bike won't start , even with starter fluid please help I'm loosing hope in this raptor

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry carb loL but I changed the oil awhile back it sat then oil magically appeared in tank ,but I thought I figured out why but still no luck it Tries to start it turns over pops like it starts then nothing but turning over ...... Do you think it has to much back pressure , was the exhaust supposed to be tacked not welded solid

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Sorry carb loL but I changed the oil awhile back it sat then oil magically appeared in tank ,but I thought I figured out why but still no luck it Tries to start it turns over pops like it starts then nothing but turning over ...... Do you think it has to much back pressure , was the exhaust supposed to be tacked not welded solid
What exactly did you weld in the muffler............

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It wasn't the muffler it was the part were the two header pipes turn to one I don't know the name exactly it's we're two pieces go in to one

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
It wasn't the muffler it was the part were the two header pipes turn to one I don't know the name exactly it's we're two pieces go in to one
Did you weld the exhaust pipe on the bikeor was it removed...........and if welded on the bike was the welding circuit grounded properly............

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
You said it sat for a long time....did you clean the "Arab" carb properly. Check the pilot jets, run some copper wire through all passages and jets. Good luck

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
You said it sat for a long time....did you clean the "Arab" carb properly. Check the pilot jets, run some copper wire through all passages and jets. Good luck
LOL! Hahahahaha! I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh because I know how frustrating it is when your bike won't run. I just had to because it's funny that you cleaned the Arab, lol.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I cleaned it but I'll try that
If you aren't as familiar with cleaning carbs as I am, I have had to clean carbs more then once before they were properly cleaned, and I use an ultra sonic cleaner, and carb cleaners, even using methanol at times.......
Sometimes they look spotless, but still may have problems, especially small carbs such as chain saws, weed eaters, lawnmowers, they can be challenging...

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
If you aren't as familiar with cleaning carbs as I am, I have had to clean carbs more then once before they were properly cleaned, and I use an ultra sonic cleaner, and carb cleaners, even using methanol at times.......
Sometimes they look spotless, but still may have problems, especially small carbs such as chain saws, weed eaters, lawnmowers, they can be challenging...
Great! I'm sending you my Ryobi 31cc two stroke carburetor :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts