Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought before reviewing real well......... hooked it up started up about 10 secs in engine light and temp light come and it stalls this is on 0 stock option map than starts back up and heads up display on my 2009 raptor does not work and says err1 onthe mph part also backfires...............so they do not accept refunds just a replacement which is on the way soon hope it works out anyone else have this trouble??? i will update soon ...wish i got apower commander

·
Registered
9 Posts
Never used Procom, but posts like yours are pretty common about them on dozens of sites. Apparantly, they're junk.

·
Registered
311 Posts
why people dont read the forums like this one before spending their money?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i should have but i jumped the gun what about the expensive plugs with no electrode?? anyone try those they are also on ebay...
i have the proforce dmc4's on the way soon hopin to outshine my buddies 2010 yfz450 with full powerbomb fmf exhaust and intake with power commander mine sits stock but not for long

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ask for an exchange for a different product
def. will be my next move ill update on the ecu sometime next week

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
I know it's a little late but anything that says Procom on it is pure 100% JUNK!! Tell them you want your money back and don't take no for a answer. If you paid with a credit card or Paypal then file a dispute!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I do know that I got a used procom cdi, free, for my wifes polaris outlaw and its been great. Made a nice difference with zero issues.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I have recieved the 2nd procom ECU same things error1 with two lights engine and temp on my 09 raptor 700 ...,So no good they obviously have not done there research but im gonna aim for the power commander5 thanks guys... IN MY EXPERIENCE IF YOU OWN A RAPTOR DO NOT BUY PROCOM

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So i finally got my refund they know this paticular product for the raptor does not work.............. The dealer is off ebay name isMOTOSPORTZ out of california aka fast bikes... I spent 299.99 includding shipping than 40 days of BS and an extra 25 bucks spent in sending the junk back twice from NY to CA and they only refunded me for faulty and falsley adervtised junk. So beaware.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Procomm Programmer on my Raptor 700. I did find that the only download that worked decent was the #9 (on their website) which was a modified engine. This was a gift and therefore would not have been my first choice. I think that it may work better, if I could tweek the settings. Does anyone know the TPS, Timing settings or any information like that? Or maybe another download?

Procomm reviews always go back and forth. I know that most are negative. Some seem to be good for other machines. There is even been statements that they are all programmers are made by one or two companies.

Not quite ready to give up, but getting close.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Old thread resurrected but on topic. Procom makes the majority of aftermarket CDI units at a deep discount compared to their competitors and many of the brands out there simply buy or slightly tweak the Procom CDI units and sell them as their own. This is often where the "Procom makes everyone's stuff" comments I have heard are rooted in. These Procom CDIs were not a better value than other CDIs just cheaper and were known for questionable reliability and performance across a wide range of atv applications.

There are two major manufacturers of EFI controllers for the 700R, Dynojet and Dobeck. Dynojet does some but not much rebranding (I think maybe Moose had a version of the PC3?) while the Dobeck controllers are often rebranded and occasionally tweaked. As for controllers that will adjust fuel and timing (the useful aspects of what the Procom ECU does) Dynojet and MSD make such units both with excellent reputations but at a ~$100 price premium over the Procom ECU.

Replacement ECU modules are few and far between and provide little to no tangible benefit for the vast majority of riders and builds, again solidifying the popularity of the Dynojet/MSD/Dobeck.

Honestly Procom's track record (my own experience with their CDI units included) keeps me from recommending anyone spend close to $300 on a Procom ECU. If your stock ECU is shot there's always the used market and if you just need EFI adjustment Dobecks are cheaper and are often found under $100 used. If you're willing to spend $300 for the performance benefit of EFI and timing curve control I would save another $50-100 to go with the proven MSD Blaster/DJ PC5 where you have the benefit of extensive testing, ubiquitous user, retailer, and builder created maps, drastically improved customer service and the greater availability of dyno tuners with the software and experience to operate it. Not to mention a lot more online and real-world users who can offer personal experience and assistance when you need help.

Now to get back to helping Mtn Raptor, the downloads page is here http://www.procomeng.com/download.php if you need the software and the manual for the PPC software is there too but here's a direct link http://www.procomeng.com/images/software/ProcomPPC UserManual.pdf If you don't have the software go ahead and read this manual first as it shows you how to install it. Page 14 starts the basics and page 18 or so you get to start changing and modifying the data points. I get the impression from the manual that the pre-designated/pre-loaded maps you are switching between already have timing alterations in them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts