Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For awhile now I have been thinking about picking up another quad. Esp. one that needed a bit of work. I could use the experience. I think I have found just what I was looking for, but Im wondering if I could be over my head with this project. I have never tore a motor completely down, and this quad needs a few tranny gears replaced.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/mcy/2516807489.html

One point that concerns me is that he already has the motor torn down, I would rather tear down the motor myself that away I atleast have a better idea of what goes where.

What do you guys think? Over my head, or just pull the trigger?

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I'll try to talk the guy down a little more. When you have any ATV torn down that far you'll always find something not to your standards that needs to be replace.. I'd highly recommend checking the valves/guides/springs for wear and tear before handing over $750 for that Raptor.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I think that is one of the forum members on here. He was talking with me about buying my transmission. If its all apart at least you can look everything over and see if it needs more then just the trans like said above you always find stuff after. I bought a "Project Raptor" a few months ago and it didn't run but was all together and it needed alot more then I wanted to do but its almost done now. I would jump on it. If I was closer I would buy it just because I love the black plastic:lol:

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Always try to go with a lower price from what he's asking but if things dont work out...you can part it out. Dog86 already have his eye on the plastic

Good luck with the new project

1 - 8 of 8 Posts