Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up fellas i have been talking to a few friends that ride ktm bikes, they all seem to love them.i have a parts raptor that needs a head and cam and a few odds and ends, but instead of fixing i was thinking about swapping a ktm engine on it. not sure how much trouble it would be or if it would even pull the heavier frame around well? i was thinking the 530, if i could find a wrecked bike and just use all the handle bar gear and harnesses. i used to do mechaninc and welding/ fabricating so i can make anything that does not need to be machined or tight tight tolerances. any input of anyone who has done this or any suggestions would be great. thanks

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
whats up fellas i have been talking to a few friends that ride ktm bikes, they all seem to love them.i have a parts raptor that needs a head and cam and a few odds and ends, but instead of fixing i was thinking about swapping a ktm engine on it. not sure how much trouble it would be or if it would even pull the heavier frame around well? i was thinking the 530, if i could find a wrecked bike and just use all the handle bar gear and harnesses. i used to do mechaninc and welding/ fabricating so i can make anything that does not need to be machined or tight tight tolerances. any input of anyone who has done this or any suggestions would be great. thanks
You want to put a KTM engine in a Raptor frame.......why not spend all the energy on fixing the Raptors own engine........:)

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I would have to agree with Willy and dog.

Now anything is possible if you want to do it but most people tend to go with a substantially more powerful motor as an engine swap.

One of my next builds will probably be a snowmobile motor in a Banshee or Raptor frame.
That is exactly what I am working on, I have a Banshee that I am installing an Arctic Cat F7 engine into for mudbogs and drags, going with the snowmobile variable drive and I will run it on Methanol, I am expecting 175hp.............:D :D :D

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
:wow: You will have to keep us updated on this one willy.
I sure will...............
The only problem I foresee is that the AC ignition system sucks, so I am working on using a dyna fs programable cdi to work with the Cat engine......:D :D :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts