Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sand Slinger Extraordinaire
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I'd post up some pix of the latest project I just completed Sunday. And yes, this quad belongs to my 60 yr. old mom who happens to be my 2 yr. old twins grandmother, lol.

Anyways, last fall I sold her Zuke Z400 for her and bought an '07 Raptor 700 to replace it. This Raptor is the one Kenneth from KB Motorsports listed here on the forums last fall for a buddy of his. Although the Rappy looked ok, it just wasn't quite up to snuff via my overly anal standards... So I decided to give it a makeover before presenting it to her. And since I just happened to have quite a few parts that I've since taken off of my BB/Stroked Rappy, her quad got a big dose of upgraded components making grandma's quad more than capable of holding its own on the dunes, lol.

Here's a list of goodies on the new ride:

Engine:
-Venom HV ported head w/+1 KW valves and springs
-Hot Cams Stage II cam
-Venom 105mm 14.25:1 piston (727cc's)
-Barker dual exhaust
-Sredrum +3 bored throttle body
-Pro Design Intake w/ K&N filter
-Dynojet PC5 fuel controller w/autotune
-Dynatek programmable ignition

Other:
-Frame and misc. components powdercoated Twilight Black Metallic
-Swingarm +4 powdercoated the same
-Blingstar front bumper
-Wheels/tires/front shocks off an '08 Rappy
-Rear shock revalved by Wiigstyle Racing
-UM nerfs and Maier Plastic

Heading over to Sredrum's Dyno this Friday the 8th to get some pulls on it and to double check the E85 fuel tune. Based on my previous dyno experience, this build should put down somewhere in the 67-68 hp range and have monster torque with the Stage II cam. We shall find out...

Here's the dyno sheet on momma's quad from this weekend at Sredrum's Carb and TB Boring in Findlay, OH.

Sooo, if you happen to see some older woman cruising around the Silver Lake Dunes in Michigan on this Rappy, I'd suggest being careful about challenging her to a race!!! Hee hee.

Hope ya like it!!

Later- Kris

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
Nice quad, and thanks for the warning. I hate to get beat by grandma's. ;)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Red is not my color but bike looks really nice

·
Registered
316 Posts
what did u coat thoses pipes with? looks good.

·
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what did u coat thoses pipes with? looks good.
Not coated, just heat wrapped and sprayed with the high temp wrap sealer. Thanks though!

·
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I added the dyno sheet from this weekend to the original post.

Thanks to Chris at Sredrum's Carb and TB Boring in Findlay, OH.!! Had a great weekend dynoing 4 quads, testing some parts, grillin' out, and drinkin' some beers!! A true full service dyno shop for sure!!!

Later- Kris

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Chris' place isn't that far from me, I keep hearing very good things about his dyno service to go along with his already well known reputation with carbs and TB's.

Nice numbers on the Rappy, should be plenty of fun for her :thumbsup:

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Got a pic of the Granny riding this? I just wonder what kind of shape she's in. My mom is 50 and I don't think she could even sit on my Raptor, much less ride one lol

·
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where did you buy that heat wrap?
I either get it from Summit Racing or Jeg's High Perf. Brand name is Thermo-Tec if I remember correctly.

I've had the best luck with the 1" wide wrap and normally just get the 50' roll in black. Then I use the Thermo-Tec High Temp sealer, which comes in a rattle can, and spray 3 coats on the wrap.

Hope that helps!

·
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got a pic of the Granny riding this? I just wonder what kind of shape she's in. My mom is 50 and I don't think she could even sit on my Raptor, much less ride one lol
Hey Swiper!

I think she is planning on doing some riding today actually, lol. If I remember, I'll take the camera out and get a couple pix of her cruising around!

Later- Kris

·
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's a couple pix of my momma taking her Rappy out for the first time Tuesday afternoon. Upon returning, her first words were, "It's got quite a bit more pep than my Z400!" LOL!! I said "I would hope so!". Then went on to explain to her that her new ride easily makes over twice the hp of her old Zuke 400...

I think I might go ahead and throw a 13 tooth sprocket on the front for her so 1st will be geared lower like on her Z. Give her a true "Granny Low" gear. ;)

Anyways, here's the pix:

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
That's freaking awesome!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I love this Quad! You did a great job on it! I am getting ready to completely re-do an 06 that has these plastics on it from Meier and I am hoping for a similar outcome.

If you don’t mind me asking.... How much did it run ya to get the frame powdered? Also, what did the swing arm cost to have coated?

I am debating on if I should just paint it vs powder coating them to keep my costs down.

Everything that is on my YFZ that was powdered eventually chips off and I end up painting it anyways. Just need some outside advice...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts