K&N Filter (stock airbox)
DynoJet Kit
Aftermarket bars (not sure brand)

Current Colors:
Blue frame
Silver A Arms
White Plastics w/ Blue

Parts that need to be replaced:
Front Shocks are leaking (new ones already shipped)
Rear Shock looks tired (purchased and waiting to ship)
Hand Guards... brackets are worn and rust
clutch cable has seen better days
Stator cover seal is leaking (ordered)
Need a set of new tires (in a few months before the season)
Taillight lense is smashed (new one shipped)

Cosmetic that needs attention:
A Arms and frame are nicked and paint worn... this will get some attention
Plastics are scratched and need a good wetsand, buff and polish.
Decals on it are honky and make the bike look trashy

Plus' about the Raptor:
I have a reciept from the previous owner when I bought the bike that it had been in for a service
in October and the timing was checked (chain replaced), compression, leakdown both excellent,
Jetting set up by the mechanic. new rear brake pads and disc.

Plans for a nice little restoration:
-Strip front end, replace bushings and bearings if worn.
-Fix Alignment issue (PO was a moron)
-Strip and paint front end
-Touch up Frame
-Frame Protectors
-Restore the Nerf Bars and Webbing
-Clean up the Exhaust
-Complete body work restoration and decal Kit
-White Hand guards
-New Shocks all around
-headlight covers for some cosmetic bling
-New tires (last on list)

I only have time on weekends to work on the bike so Pictures and such will be updated as much as I can.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Sounds like a good build...Good luck to ya & looken forward to some pic's.
+1.

What color are your Powermadds right now? I may be interested if you are looking to get rid of the ones you currently have.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
+1.

What color are your Powermadds right now? I may be interested if you are looking to get rid of the ones you currently have.
They are Black with Blue trimming and Blue powermadd logo.

Once I get them off I will take some pictures for you and post them up

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
PM'd you.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is some pics of the condition of the Raptor... worse than originally thought... but I will get her back to looking mean.

The DG nerfs could use a little TLC

Nylon shock protectors... what do they really do???

They turn everything under them to rust

Stupid PO used a bunch of gasket shit to fix a leaking Stator Cover

Bar Area looking a bit rough... needs a tare down and some new choke and throttle cables

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DG Fat Ally Bumper... needs some TLC... has a dent lower but the rest can be restored.

As she sits tonight before diner... wont get any further tonight... tomorrow I will continure the tare down of the front.

Today I also pulled the Engine out of my race bike and started that project... Too much on the go.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Used front shocks come in yesterday... I will get the pics up later.

Picked up some Works Connection Frame Protectors.

Got my Gaskets in to clean up the red gasket mess.

Front end is coming apart... notice my other thread about the A-Arm help needed.

There is some nuts I have to replace... that arent the proper nuts... (head shake)

Questions:

1. Do I really need to run the dust shields on the pitman arms?... one mounting hole is toast and that leaves the shield flapping.

2. I am missing one brake like retainer (the plastic black a-arm clip) should I replace or can I just remove the other? any foreseen isssues?

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I might be having a brain fart as far as what dust shields you are talking about, so I'll leave that one for someone else.

As far as the plastic brake line clip on the A arms, no, there is no issue if you remove it. You could use zip ties to hold the lines in place if you wanted to, I've seen that done before, or there are aftermarket brake line brackets.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
there is blue disc shields... the only thing i see them doing is preventing me from cleaning the back side of the rotors properly

notice the blue disc shield in the pic.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Oh lol I got it now. Pitman arm is actually something different in my way of thinking haha. I look at the pitman arm as the "wishbone-like" part that your steering stem goes through and connects to the tie rods. I see what you are talking about now. I guess I don't have an answer for you on that one, I just never thought about taking them off.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im only thinking about this because all my blue inserts are going black and i have one broken dust cover or what ever the hell that things called...

and they look to serve no crutial purpose...

and I dont want to waste the $40 its going to take to get a pair and shipping...

that $40 could be spent on new tires

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
this time around its not the shock covers i was talking about... a previous post i did...

I personally dont like the shock covers...

My riding will be mostly trails... no sand... the trails Im on are either dirt or stone... (abandoned railway beds)

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Those are guards for your rotors. Usually they're tucked inside the wheel but it looks like you have wheel spaces or flipped/offset wheels?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those are guards for your rotors. Usually they're tucked inside the wheel but it looks like you have wheel spaces or flipped/offset wheels?

Yeah, I just got looking at the manual... Looks like the front has 3 1/2"-4" spacers...

Thought the front end looked wider than it should.

I will take pictures of the hub assembly on the weekend when I get everything stripped and ready for paint.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Yeah, I just got looking at the manual... Looks like the front has 3 1/2"-4" spacers...

Thought the front end looked wider than it should.

I will take pictures of the hub assembly on the weekend when I get everything stripped and ready for paint.
I was gonna say, your calipers look unusually out in the open from what I'm used to seeing, but when I looked at a different picture, they weren't flipped, so I wasn't sure if there was a big offset. Personally I would lose the spacers, lots of bumpsteer, and not that safe IMO.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was gonna say, your calipers look unusually out in the open from what I'm used to seeing, but when I looked at a different picture, they weren't flipped, so I wasn't sure if there was a big offset. Personally I would lose the spacers, lots of bumpsteer, and not that safe IMO.
Correction on my spacers... they are only about 2"...

I will probably keep them for the time being because I like the stability it gives me in the front...

I will need a set of 2" spacers in the rear now to make it happy all around

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
If you want something for the rear to widen it, but don't want to spend the money for a wider axle, I'd look at getting the extended hubs before I put spacers on there. G-Force makes them and they are pretty sweet. I've got them on my bike. I don't do a lot of jumping (none really if I can avoid it lol), so you need to take that into consideration. If you want to hit any sweet jumps, an axle is probably a better way to go.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts