Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up guys, just registering to the forum. Figured I’d start a thread for my project Raptor I just picked up Thursday. This thing is a pretty big project, 07 700 or so the guy I bought it from says. Already has a full HMF exhaust, ITP SS wheels, and FMF programmer. But she’s locked up completely, right side a arms are bent, steering stem is bent, back tires are slick, and there’s no rear brake caliper. I’m sure there’s other stuff I haven’t seen yet but these are the issues I’m aware of... and oh yeah the spray painted plastics🤦‍♂️😩 but anyways my goal for this is completely put it back to stock what I can anyways and sell it for profit. My question number 1. How can I know this for sure is a 700? There’s no indicating numbers anywhere, I assume a vin lookup? Anyways, look forward to throwing pics of the progress! And I may have some questions along the way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I pulled the motor apart yesterday evening and this is what I found, does anyone know how this could happen with the piston turning like that?

·
Registered
371 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,858 Posts
Yup, engine tear down for sure. By looking at the shocks it is more than likely an 06, no later than that. What is the 10th digit of the vin? 6 0r 7?

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
371 Posts
What’s up guys, just registering to the forum. Figured I’d start a thread for my project Raptor I just picked up Thursday. This thing is a pretty big project, 07 700 or so the guy I bought it from says. Already has a full HMF exhaust, ITP SS wheels, and FMF programmer. But she’s locked up completely, right side a arms are bent, steering stem is bent, back tires are slick, and there’s no rear brake caliper. I’m sure there’s other stuff I haven’t seen yet but these are the issues I’m aware of... and oh yeah the spray painted plastics🤦‍♂️😩 but anyways my goal for this is completely put it back to stock what I can anyways and sell it for profit. My question number 1. How can I know this for sure is a 700? There’s no indicating numbers anywhere, I assume a vin lookup? Anyways, look forward to throwing pics of the progress! And I may have some questions along the way. View attachment 141284 View attachment 141285 View attachment 141286 View attachment 141287
I looked at the pics again, makes me wonder if you actually paid money for the raptor? Or was it a gift? This seems something an expert long time mechanic would purchase to occupy his time. Lots of work to be done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got it for $500 and I really don’t have a budget for it, I’m gonna do whatever it takes. But I’d like to get out putting $1500 in repair or so

·
Super Moderator
8,858 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
I bet you'd make more parting it out and a lot less work. I must say if you were looking for a project don't think you could have found a much bigger one, Unless you started with just that missing caliper ;)

·
Registered
371 Posts
I bet you'd make more parting it out and a lot less work. I must say if you were looking for a project don't think you could have found a much bigger one, Unless you started with just that missing caliper ;)

I concur lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts