Raptor Forum banner

Project XLC 300

6K views 49 replies 7 participants last post by  criss87 
#1 Ā·
Picked up a super cheap Quadzilla xlc 300, wasnā€™t running sounds like the starter motor has chewed something up as it still spins but sound like a car crash. Hopefully going to strip it down and have a look, Can already tell someoneā€™s had ago at wiring and done a shit job šŸ™ˆ

Attachments

See less See more
#2 Ā· (Edited by Moderator)
Day one: Strip down plastics off, rear plastic is trashed looks like someone crashed šŸ™ˆ wiring is shocking and the starter motor has been better days but apart from that all els seems fine but have a good look over the weekend

Attachments

#7 Ā· (Edited by Moderator)
Day one: Strip down plastics off, rear plastic is trashed looks like someone crashed šŸ™ˆ wiring is shocking
Day 2.... Starter motor is trashed so new one on order
Two of your posts have language that may be offensive to my daughter or any other of our kids that read this forum. For that reason we try to keep it clean and would appreciate your help. You may see that language in other forums but you'll find this one clean. THANKS for your consideration.

#3 Ā·
Cool man interested to see this thing run

#9 Ā·
True, there are plenty of other offensive things out there but we do appreciate the help in keeping at least this forum clean.I fixed a few words but other than that no changes.

Like the progress of this machine so far!

#10 Ā·
The bike looks like its coming along nicely. I see you are in the uk, those quadzillas look much different than the ones Iā€™ve seen here in the US. The ones here are butt ugly!

#13 Ā·
Not any good quad bike forums in the UK and Iā€™m after a raptor one day, did put a deposit down mid last year on a brand new black and blue 2019 700r with all the extras but pulled out as it was my first quad and didnā€™t know if I would ride it much so got the xlc 500 and love it and my mate got a Dinli 450 just after riding mine šŸ˜‚

#11 Ā·
Oh wait, I see now itā€™s the 300 not the 500. Those 500s are horrendous lol.

Reactions: 4stroker4life
#12 Ā·
horrendous
Iā€™ve got a Quadzilla xlc 500 and itā€™s great top speed is better then a raptor if your man enough to get there. Off road is great to mine is lowered so can bottom out but never had a issue when I go šŸ‘šŸ»

Attachments

#15 Ā·
They look kind of scary to me, idk. Like one of those plague doctor masks from medieval times.

Reactions: Sixpack577
#17 Ā·
Day 3 only really finished the wheels off only a few little bits on there and sanded down the grab bar and had a think šŸ¤” Going Saint Black on the rims and grab bar and going to do the nerf bars and the paint is coming off and again saint black šŸ‘ŒšŸ»

Attachments

#19 Ā·
So Iā€™ve been watching some vids of these, and wondering... this isnā€™t a Suzuki is it? This is a literal brand named Quadzilla, which has nothing to with the ā€˜80s behemoth by Suzuki dubbed the quadzilla?

#21 Ā·
Ah shoot that would explain my confusion. That quad I posted is a Suzuki. They called it the quadzilla. My bad lol.
Whatā€™s the specs on that Subaru engine you got?

#22 Ā·
Liquid Cooled 4 Stroke DOHC Straight Single
Bore x Stroke:
99.2 x 64.6mm
Carburation:
Mikuni BSR 42mm
Carburation Idle Jet:
Carburation Main Jet:
Compression Ratio:
10:8:1
Displacement:
499cc
Fuel Minimum Octane Rating:
98 Octane (minimum) i put 100 Octane in
No. of Valves:
Pilot Screw Setting:
2.5 Turns Out
Red line RPM:
9000rpm
Top Speed
95mph

#24 Ā·
Damn that sounds fun. Gonna do any internal mods to it?

#25 Ā·
Starter motor fitted couldnā€™t get it started but sounds a lot better and it wanted to fire up got a few puffs out the exhaust but think I need more fuel as it low! So going to try that and see. Still makes a funny noise when starting which I now think is the chain hitting the metal plate behind it as itā€™s been cut off around the starter motor for some reason!?!?!

#30 Ā·
Technically, there is no such thing as a Suzuki "Quadzilla".
It is a Suzuki LT500 Quadracer.
2-stroke, 5 speed, manual clutch, no reverse, kick start only, made from 1987-1990.
Quadzilla was a nickname that stuck, as it was the largest cc engine and one of, if not the quickest and fastest 4 wheelers made for many years, and is still up there at the top today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.