Raptor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I also posted this question under another thread, however i figured i would start out with a fresh thread. I made the mistake a few years back of buying a 10"x10" rim for my "v" shaped paddles. The problem i am having is that the rim is WAY too wide for the tire (20x11x10, it stretches out to what a 18x11x10 would be, needless to say my traction has left as well), so my question is: "Is there a good paddle tire that will fit this much wider rim?" I was thinking of maybe changing to a hauler, but do not wish to spend the money if it does not fit properly. My other option is to buy new rims, do not want to do this as i want to buy new tires anyway. I enjoy hill climbing mainly at the Oregon dunes with all around duning. No real drag racing happening for me, just hill climbing and the occassional jump.

Thanks your input is appreciated.

"when in doubt, power out"

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
If you're not happy with the low-profiles that the rims give you, then go with a taller tire. You stated a 20" shrinks down to 18", so get a 21 or 22" tall paddle and if your observations are correct you should be closer to your desired height.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts