Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got my +4 swingarm on, and loved the fact that I could just punch it and not have to let of because I'm going up. Now just rode a little bit but heres some thing that happened to me on the hard asphalt was perfect. Now on hard asphalt with a little bit of sand on it I would just punch it but now bike would sit and spin while the my buddy that I was raceing was moveing. I was like hold up thats not supposed to happen I got the advantage here, or do I. Aslo I do some trail ride and sometimes I'll gas it up while I ride to pick the front up to go over a log or a hole or mud whatever the reson would be the front would go up when I wanted it to. But I don't see that happening any more which may put me in a situtation where since I an now unable to pick the front up will cuase me to go over. Just some thing that I noticed, as for makeing turns thats was not a problem and I'm still able to throw the bike around the turns and corners. Just thought I'd put me 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Thanks for the info. :thumbsup: I always thought that extended swingarms were for drag racing. They dont seem to help out on the trail a whole lot.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Drag racing, and duning with paddles are the only reasons to have a longer swingarm. I spend 90% of my time in the dunes, so it works good for me.

The odd times that I ride with knobbie tires on in the desert, I hate the swing arm. Hard to pull wheelies when the tires are spinning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.