Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide which way to go.. Protec Lid or EHS .Protec looks like it would be closer to the same as Lid off .Where the EHS looks like it would let less air in. Any help would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
584 Posts
The EHS lets in plenty of air. I know alot of guys here are runnin this lid including myself. Look at it this way, the intake hole that the filter fits on is x size so if you have a lid with an intake hole atleast that size or bigger its gonna be fine.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I highly recomend the EHS lid over the protec moflow. I had the protec and it didnt fit worth a crap. rattled around and didnt seal.

Get the EHS, it fits properly and wont rattle around.

.....not that you cant modify the protec to work correctly....but if your paying close to $100, why should there be any modification needed?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I would get EHS. I thought I heard somewhere that the Protec Lid actually hurt power but I could be mistaken.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how do you like your protec. does it fit well?

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
It fits good. Is it perfect? No. There is a teeny air gap on one corner, if that bothers you, 5 minutes and a piece of foam tape would fix it. Mine does not rattle or come loose.

I have had other ATV parts that fit far worse. Functionally, it is fine.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for that info. ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anyone else have any coments on these 2 lids? Im leaning towards the protec as it is a complete lid compared to the EHS where i would need to cut a hole in my orginal lid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts