Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just put about 30hrs on my 700 and it still looks new except the paint on the frame, i like to keep my bike spotless cause it sleeps next to my street bike but if you notice the paint gets rubbed off on the frame and the plastic gets dirt ground in from your legs.....well i was thinkin of resprayin the frame and cleaning the plastic really good and applying that 3m clear stone guard material,my dads bus has it on the front and protects it from road debris and such. it's like a decal but clear. has anyone tried this and if so how does it work... :3question: :3question:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
loose nutz said:
just put about 30hrs on my 700 and it still looks new except the paint on the frame, i like to keep my bike spotless cause it sleeps next to my street bike but if you notice the paint gets rubbed off on the frame and the plastic gets dirt ground in from your legs.....well i was thinkin of resprayin the frame and cleaning the plastic really good and applying that 3m clear stone guard material,my dads bus has it on the front and protects it from road debris and such. it's like a decal but clear. has anyone tried this and if so how does it work... :3question: :3question:

I ended up putting clear number plate back ground on my yfz fenders....still look new!

I cut them to shape of course, and only applied them to the lower part. Worked out pretty good. I am looking at doing the same thing for my 700's frame. Right there on the thick subframe part...starting to notice some wear.

·
Registered
882 Posts
there is an alternative similiar to the line x...Its called rubberizing..same process but its a very tough black rubber that is sprayed onto the plastic..I used it under my fenders to cut down on flex and scrapes

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
yeah, I have the powder coated AC Pro Nerfs, I thought about pullin them off and spraying them with bed liner,... anyone have any pro's/cons for this? :3question:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Krandall said:
yeah, I have the powder coated AC Pro Nerfs, I thought about pullin them off and spraying them with bed liner,... anyone have any pro's/cons for this? :3question:
do they still get scratched up even powder coated?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Okay,

Does Talljess have the best looking quad out there or what? I saw that and decided that I needed to wash my Rappy. Damn Talljess that's a nice looking Rappy.

Danny

·
Registered
33 Posts
i think the rear shock cover should be fliped upside down so that all the flames flow the same way...but the bike looks great.....

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
raptorlte305 said:
i think the rear shock cover should be fliped upside down so that all the flames flow the same way...but the bike looks great.....
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
882 Posts
dsan said:
Okay,

Does Talljess have the best looking quad out there or what? I saw that and decided that I needed to wash my Rappy. Damn Talljess that's a nice looking Rappy.

Danny
Thanx and hey thats what happens when u put stuff on hammered..just glad I put the NOS purge on right and not aimed at my face

1 - 12 of 12 Posts