Raptor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to past this info. on
was riding my brand new 3 week old 2007 Raptor in the forest and noticed the engine light came on. I stopped the bike and started checking things out could not find anything. Started riding again, few minutes later same problem...stopped and the bike shut off...Acted as if the starter shorted out....waited and it would not start, so we push started it and headed back...then it finally quit...took it to the dealer and they had found that where the harness for the recitfer was "had been streched, cut and was retaped". Boy was I hot when they said Yamaha would not take care of that. So we whent and looked at the same Raptor on the show room floor and it had the same tape.

What the conclution was because of the way the harness was routed and attached to the metal bracket just behind the right headlight somethig must have came up and hit it which caused 2 of the 6 prongs to come lose enough from the rectifier so the battery would not charge.

So the dealer retaped it, rerouted it thought the center of the bracket and plugged it back in....checked out fine... so if you trail ride I would recommend that you rerout yours. Just unplug it and put throught the center of the bracket and rewire tie

·
Registered
751 Posts
Re: Protental Electricial Proplem

Thanks for the heads up. That does suck. I would be pissed :mad:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts