Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this. . .

The Power Commander takes the signal from the Raptor's fuel map and "adjusts it" in percentages (as shown on the fuel "map" then sends the signal out to the FI.

So, it is kinda like me telling my Wife something then her telling my daughter - either in the same tone of voice or louder or softer. . . the amplification changes. . . (or amount of fuel. . .)

So, (again in my example) my Wife wouldn't change wat was being said, only the level at which it is being said?

Does this sound correct?

Ok, now here's where I'm going with this. . .

If I am at sea level and a buddy with the same mods is at 5000' ASL (above sea level) and I send him my map the map I send should just make "adjustments - in %" from the Stock Raptor Map? Essentially, we never really CHANGE the stock map, we just interrupt the map and either turn the volume up or down???

So, if he is at a location where there is less air (due to altitude) or the temperature is cooler (resulting in more dense air) the map we share should be fine since the original Raptor Map will compensate (through air temperature sensors and pressure sensors on the bike.)

Thoughts???

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
That is pretty much my understanding as well.

but there have been several instances of people running other peoples maps with mixed results. Now this could be several things

1)differences in how lean/rich different people like there quads

2)slight differences in quads

3)or the stock sensors could be effecting the maps differently because of altitude or something

:unsure:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good topic :thumbsup: was actaully thinking the same thing because I'm going on a trip soon where the altitude will be very different. Good analogy :lol: it does seem logical but it would be nice to hear from someone who actaully knows...

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
DuneMe said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this. . .

The Power Commander takes the signal from the Raptor's fuel map and "adjusts it" in percentages (as shown on the fuel "map" then sends the signal out to the FI.

So, it is kinda like me telling my Wife something then her telling my daughter - either in the same tone of voice or louder or softer. . . the amplification changes. . . (or amount of fuel. . .)

So, (again in my example) my Wife wouldn't change wat was being said, only the level at which it is being said?

Does this sound correct?

Ok, now here's where I'm going with this. . .

If I am at sea level and a buddy with the same mods is at 5000' ASL (above sea level) and I send him my map the map I send should just make "adjustments - in %" from the Stock Raptor Map? Essentially, we never really CHANGE the stock map, we just interrupt the map and either turn the volume up or down???

So, if he is at a location where there is less air (due to altitude) or the temperature is cooler (resulting in more dense air) the map we share should be fine since the original Raptor Map will compensate (through air temperature sensors and pressure sensors on the bike.)

Thoughts???
Very well explained :clap:

·
Registered
82 Posts
A map for specific mods will work at different altitudes because the FI system on the raptor has an atmospheric pressure sensor as well as a atmospheric temperature sensor to adjust the adjusted ratio for altitude/temp.

The map will not be perfect though because each and every motor, even with the exact same mods will be a bit different.

At least that's what I understand about the raptor FI system.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:thumbsup: 8) Either I think I've got it figured out or we are all on the wrong track :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts