Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just 2 days ago, went and picked up a 96 kodiak 400 for 1400 bux... at first glance, all the plastic is good, has a winch that works well, and 4wd works good. took it for a quick ride yesterday with the wife and found out the speedo doesnt work, the brakes are very spongy (thinking lack of fluid up front, and adjustment needed in rear). also, the tail light doesnt light with the brake handles, only when u hit the headlights. so i took it to my local yamaha guy and told them to just go over it and see if my $1400 got me a $500 mess, or a good deal. gonna have em change the oil and filter while it's in too. asked if i wanted the valves adjusted and told them not this time. i only have 2 pics of it so far.. next on the list is getting a plow for it.. ebay i can get a plow mount, push tube and blade for 375 shipped.. local yamaha has a 50" moose setup for 499... havent decided which yet, but there's my new toy!

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
Doesn't look to bad. I have a 95 Wolverine as my plow quad and it works great. I run Mud Lites now but used to have the same tires you have on. The Black Water tires were the shit back in the day and should work good for plowing. As far as a brake light/tail light pretty sure that was a few years away for Yamaha.
Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so u'r sayin that the taillight doesnt brighten up with the brakes?? if thats how it's supposed to be then that will save me some $$$.. guy said it should be ready by the mid of next week.. i'm debating on whether or not to spend money on a jet kit/intake/slip on, or whether to just leave it as is. it's got the original exhaust on it right now and makes a good amount of noise. i would actually go quieter if i would get any more power out of it. not like i'm lookin for a speed demon, just somethin to modify to be a little different from everyone else..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.