Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 03 660R... It is used not entirely sure how hard or what not. The dealership I got it at said they replaced rear axle bearings. And last night when I was out riding. I started hearing a grinding noise. Didn't hear it all the time only when making a turn so I jacked the rear end up tonight and took ahold of the rear wheels and I could move it forward and backwards and notice It had a spot where it wouldn't do that but in another spot it would do that. Also having a problem with backing up. The rev. limiter is kicking in off and on. one time it will engage next time it won't hit in. and back up normally. And last night I had the rev limiter stick up on it.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
There is a plug behind the shifter for the reverse sensor, check to make sure that connection is good.

Re-adjust and re-align the bearing carrier then make sure the carrier bolts are tight. While you've got it up in the air, make sure the rear axle is straight, the hubs are tight, and neither wheel is bent.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I took it back down to the shop where I bought it since it had only been 1 day since I bought it and I only drove it for maybe 2 to 3 hours total. in open fields. And nothing about 3 gear. Just because it is my first quad and I want to make sure i know how everything handles before I get to crazy on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts