Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i was reading the manual to find out the size of the stock purge bolt.
i went to the dealer parts counter to get one and 1st thing he told me as i pointed to the bolt on a raptor 700 that was in the showroom..that it's not called a "purge" bolt,i'm like . uh yeah, whatever, i need one, call it a pony if you want, i just need one,. and he goes to the computer and says it's not listed as a part, and gives me some random bolt, bolt was 2 small, can any one maybe take theirs out and mesaure it for me? lenght/size. i would lke to get back to the dealer but they don't open till i'm at work and i work overtime all week and next week so it will be closed when i'm off work, i'd like to just stop at home depot and get one to put in it for now. thanks. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
"purge Bolt"??

I am not sure what your talking about NICK.....where on the quad.

You might call it something different than I have been.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
135boom said:
"purge Bolt"??

yeah, i didn't know what it was, someone here told me, and the manual also calls it that, on your stock exh there is a bolt about in the middle of the exh on the bottom, it's about 10 inchs back from the spark arrestor bolt, i'm not 100% sure what it does, i was told at the dealer it holds the insides togeather so i need it.. not sure if that's true...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
NICK said:
135boom said:
"purge Bolt"??

yeah, i didn't know what it was, someone here told me, and the manual also calls it that, on your stock exh there is a bolt about in the middle of the exh on the bottom, it's about 10 inchs back from the spark arrestor bolt, i'm not 100% sure what it does, i was told at the dealer it holds the insides togeather so i need it.. not sure if that's true...

AHHHH, that would be correct. And that is also why i couldnt think of it. I had my stock exhaust off before it left the dealer...haha. What are you doing still running the stocker?
I am sure someone will give you theres off the stocker exhaust they are just going to throw away!

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know i know.that stocker needs to go, once i move to MN next month i'll be able to mod more. yeah anyone have one they want to sell? i need to get something in there before jan 5th for my trip.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
NICK said:
i know i know.that stocker needs to go, once i move to MN next month i'll be able to mod more. yeah anyone have one they want to sell? i need to get something in there before jan 5th for my trip.. :thumbsup:
So many people just toss the stock exhaust, I will be suprised if someone doesnt just give you one.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yeah I read in the manual that when you clean the stock spark arrestor, you're supposed to the block the pipe outlet and remove the "purge bolt". Then start and rev the engine twenty times while the exhaust blows out the bolt hole... Doesn't sound too swift to me :crazy:...

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
700R Rider said:
Yeah I read in the manual that when you clean the stock spark arrestor, you're supposed to the block the pipe outlet and remove the "purge bolt". Then start and rev the engine twenty times while the exhaust blows out the bolt hole... Doesn't sound too swift to me :crazy:...

yeah, i didn't understand what that would accomplish,, just pushing buildup out i guess??

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
NICK said:
700R Rider said:

yeah, i didn't understand what that would accomplish,, just pushing buildup out i guess??
Maybe.....or water and crap too? Who knows!

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so does anyone have this part that they wanna get rid of? or at the least check the size out for me? :help: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
965 Posts
700R Rider said:
Yup. It's so you can blow out all of the carbon buildup inside the muffler.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
size12 said:
Should be a metric M8/M10 or an M12 thread mate get one of each for what they cost. about an inch long should sort you for your trip :thumbsup:
cool, thanks man!, i'll get one, or all i mean, today :thumbsup:

·
Registered
177 Posts
It's 10 x 1.5, not a standard thread pitch. If all the hardware store has is standard pitch (10 x 1.25) you can re-cut the threads in the bung with a tap and use that size bolt. That's what I did, and it's never loosened.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.