Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put on my pipe and header pc 3 pro design air filter and pro flow lid 15 tooth sprocket and all i can say is wow how cool to pull the front wheels in 3rd gear truly awsome so much better than my old 660

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
rvrrappy said:
i just put on my pipe and header pc 3 pro design air filter and pro flow lid 15 tooth sprocket and all i can say is wow how cool to pull the front wheels in 3rd gear truly awsome so much better than my old 660
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
3 thumbs up!...hahaha, or 2 if that's all you got,....
i can't wait to put the 3 on, i hear so many good things about them....i need to wake up the beast!,.
also, stock you shoulda been able to do 3rd and 4th gear wheelies no prob, i know i can, but maybe it's cuz i'm so big i just lean back and the fuker tips over, i'm sure it's alot easier with the mods...cool beans buddy one more thumbs up :thumbsup: :)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I hear ya man, these 700's put my old 660 to shame!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
Yeah, I had no problem doin 3rd gear wheelies at all and pullin up on the bars in forth I could get it up. 5th is that way now 8)
Geez! I can get it up in 4th, sometimes (depending on surface)! I cant imagine 5th on the 700! That requires some series grunt...which obviously you have now! :thumbsup:

I have been able to wheeling 1st -3rd since stock. Now with the 3-mods 1-3rd is just made incredibly easy and 4th is "do-able" like I was saying.

I CANT WAIT TO GET ENGINE MODS!

I could wheelie my yfz in 5th gear with a 15T front sprocket on her, ALL day long. We use to run stand up wheelies at around 80mph on straight county roads! It was awesome! :)

·
Registered
912 Posts
One of my homeboys has a 16t on his modded yfz450 and he pulls 4-5gear wheelies with ease. Our bikes run dead even but his 450 feels like it pulls soooooooooo much harder in all the gears. It doesn't have alot of low end grunt but when the rpm's build, hold the hell on. I can pull wheelies 1-3 without pulling on the bars but fourth takes some work. 8)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
CAROLINA_700R said:
One of my homeboys has a 16t on his modded yfz450 and he pulls 4-5gear wheelies with ease. Our bikes run dead even but his 450 feels like it pulls soooooooooo much harder in all the gears. It doesn't have alot of low end grunt but when the rpm's build, hold the hell on. I can pull wheelies 1-3 without pulling on the bars but fourth takes some work. 8)
Geeez.....16T. Thats geared reaaaaaalllly tall for a yfz! I am suprised that it still wheelies that well in 4th-5th.
Yfz's IMO is THE best at high speed wheelies. They are incredible! We would run them on the back tires for close to a mile...side by side....at around 80mph...

·
Registered
912 Posts
His 450 is bored to a full 450cc, port/polished, cammed and he's running a sparks big core pipe. He has a couple of other sprockets on deck. We run dead even if I get a good start. My raptor is at least 60lbs heavier than his 450 so I think I'm running pretty damn hard with the extra weight. 8)

·
Registered
779 Posts
I found I can lift the front wheels in 3rd if I get it up pretty high in the rev band and then come on and off the gas quickly, when I give it good, it lifts no problem, but it usually scares the piss out of me cause I'm hauling ass at that point. Still new to having to remember to use the rear brake. The old ride had the front and back tied together with the bar lever. Was good cause you could adjust the bias to what you like.

MK

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
My 5th is harder to pull wheelies with now with the 5th but on pavement pulling real hard on the bars and hittin the powerband just right it will come up, its just hard to do it so I dont. I pull 4th and then shift into 5th. When I was at the MX track today I was going through six packs(jumps people....jumps :lol:) like crazy and pullin wheelies when I land.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.