Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just posted this on YFZ Central! :thumbsup: Should get a rise out of them!!!!

"Pretty good artice, but for all you Raptor nay-sayers, the Pro actually turned a better lap time on the Rappy than your beloved YFZ!!! What you got to say bout that!"

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
roc64 said:
Just posted this on YFZ Central! :thumbsup: Should get a rise out of them!!!!

"Pretty good artice, but for all you Raptor nay-sayers, the Pro actually turned a better lap time on the Rappy than your beloved YFZ!!! What you got to say bout that!"
That should get them fired up !! :grin_nod: :grin_nod:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
They'll come up with an excuse.... Like he had mud in is eye when on the 450! :eek:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
onelunglow said:
They'll come up with an excuse.... Like he had mud in is eye when on the 450! :eek:
Ya we know the real excuse, he was on a 450 !!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
April Issue! Sorry the Mag is at my office. Truth is, they were nearly identical, but on the 4 lap times posted in the Mag, the Raptors was the BEST! I just like to Raz those little fuckers because they are ignorant! lol! Lets face it they are both great machines, but the Rappy RULES all-around!!!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Here you go (posted it a couple of weeks ago in my "Question for the Ladies" thread. My wife and I were trying to find the best quad for her. We ended up buying a second '06 SE.....

MX track lap times
Lap 1
YFZ450 2:20:67
Raptor 700 2:21:42

Lap 2
YFZ450: 2:20:75
Raptor 700: 2:20:73

Editor's Note: These lap times were turned in by a professional racer and tester; most "average" riders will probably be faster on the track with the YFZ.

"When it's all said and the riding's done, both of these sports quads do what they were designed to do. If you're an aggressive rider who doesn't believe in putting your brain or skills on "cruise control," then the YFZ450 will be a fitting accomplice. It's not meant to gently or slowly explore anything: It's designed to rev high, go fast and jump far. Is that you? Then we found your quad. But for most riders, we think the Raptor 700 is going to be the best fit. It doesn't demand constant input, its fuel injection ensures that it;ll start and stay that way without a lot of work from you, and its cushy suspension and seat are made for all-day fun rides with your friends. Check out what our test rider had to say about both machines he tested in all sorts of terrain, and we think you'll finally understand why the 450 and the 700 are so close yet so far from each other."

Dunes: advantage Raptor 700
Trails: advantage Raptor 700
MX Track: advantage YFZ450

·
Registered
657 Posts
roc64 said:
I just like to Raz those little fuckers because they are ignorant!
Yeah, no shit. My cousin has one. He thinks hes the baddest motherfucker. Hes just a little asshole. Kinda makes you wanna slap him every once in a while to give him a reality check. I gotta get this mag and rub it in his face!!!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Well according to headropes quote the raptor only had the fastest lap time once and it was only by .02, the first lap it lost by almost a second.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Teraflx said:
Well according to headropes quote the raptor only had the fastest lap time once and it was only by .02, the first lap it lost by almost a second.
Total would be .55 difference. I think the point was 1 lap the Raptor beat the yfz450 one lap. So it is capable of competing with the right rider.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chicagoland Atv said:
Teraflx said:
Total would be .55 difference. I think the point was 1 lap the Raptor beat the yfz450 one lap. So it is capable of competing with the right rider.
Correct! I was just trying to point out that Rappy's can Mx pretty well too!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
roc64 said:
Chicagoland Atv said:
Teraflx said:
Correct! I was just trying to point out that Rappy's can Mx pretty well too!

I know it mx's pretty well cause my buddy has a new yfz450 and he cant even keep up with me. 8)

He too, like most yfz owners thinks he has Gods gift to the quad world but we all know its the Raptor 700. ;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Its still not posted on their website yet.

I dont know, I love my 700. Once i started racing XC i finally realized that it is all in the rider. Its a great article, you should buy it, the magazine rocks

·
Registered
337 Posts
did the 700 have the YFZs shocks on or stock ones?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ChoChillin said:
did the 700 have the YFZs shocks on or stock ones?
its an 07 with Rezi's, why do you ask?

·
Registered
67 Posts
i think its very interesting to see the horsepower numbers in the magazine. the yfz has 38, the raptor has 40. but the raptor is 50 lbs heavier. which makes for a very close drag race. but the yfz wins until top of the gears. im going to buy a quad very soon and im going to buy a raptor 700. not because theyre faster but because of the potential the motor has. think about it. the yfz motor is already high compression, has the extra valve, and is already built to race.. and only pulls 38 hp. with modifications your not going to squeeze to many more horsepower from it without it getting unreliable. many of my friends have rebuilt them to be even faster. every one of them has blown the new rebuilt motor. why not buy the raptor, with reverse. which is pulling lap times just as awsome as the yfz. has a ton more torque. is way more comfortable. and has a motor that has alot of room for improvement. add a cam, piston exhaust, pc3, porting, stroker kit, and the list goes on, and there wont be a yfz that has a prayer to matching the reliability, power, and comfort of the raptor. my point is, the raptor is a far better machine...

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
donoair said:
i think its very interesting to see the horsepower numbers in the magazine. the yfz has 38, the raptor has 40. but the raptor is 50 lbs heavier. which makes for a very close drag race. but the yfz wins until top of the gears. im going to buy a quad very soon and im going to buy a raptor 700. not because theyre faster but because of the potential the motor has. think about it. the yfz motor is already high compression, has the extra valve, and is already built to race.. and only pulls 38 hp. with modifications your not going to squeeze to many more horsepower from it without it getting unreliable. many of my friends have rebuilt them to be even faster. every one of them has blown the new rebuilt motor. why not buy the raptor, with reverse. which is pulling lap times just as awsome as the yfz. has a ton more torque. is way more comfortable. and has a motor that has alot of room for improvement. add a cam, piston exhaust, pc3, porting, stroker kit, and the list goes on, and there wont be a yfz that has a prayer to matching the reliability, power, and comfort of the raptor. my point is, the raptor is a far better machine...
Nice job! Well said! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts