Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will you get the same reading on a car dyno as you would on a quad/motorcycle dyno? I'm going to dyno my truck and they guy says it works on any thing from like a 1000HP down to 5HP.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I wanted to see where I am before the motor work that I'm going to have done.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll post it up next weekend right now its the dmc force 4s, pc3, pro design, and a dyno tech fs. HDD is going to do a trail set up in march with the hc3 he said it will be more reliable than a billet cam, the +3 tb, I guess a mild porting and a 11.5:1 piston. The guy at HDD said it would it would be about 65 HP when its all done. I want something that will beat ky cousins trx but still reliable so I don't have to keep adjusting it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put my Suzuki LTR and Raptor on a atv dyno and then on our dyno at work and the dyno at work read 1 hp lower then the atv one but that doesn't mean anything. So I also say car dynos will work great. hardest part was strapping it down.

·
2011 RF Fantasy FootBall Champ
883 Posts
I put my Suzuki LTR and Raptor on a atv dyno and then on our dyno at work and the dyno at work read 1 hp lower then the atv one but that doesn't mean anything. So I also say car dynos will work great. hardest part was strapping it down.

Tell me about it. 9 straps and still blow the tires off the dyno.

Bitter sweet.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
where do you guys find all these dynos? my neighbour has an engine dyno but he can hook a chain driven motor up to it just his turbo RX1 and car engines

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
where do you guys find all these dynos? my neighbour has an engine dyno but he can hook a chain driven motor up to it just his turbo RX1 and car engines
Google it Tommy, You'll be surprised to see how many dyno's are around. I found 12 ATV dyno's within a 100 mile's of my house.. One of em is right down the road..:)

·
Registered
360 Posts
I know our car DynoJet is with in a few hp of a bike DynoJet. I find what tires you use can really very the #. I like the car dyno better my self if you are much past 60hp.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what kind of tire should I use? I have kenda kutters on there. I don't have street or drag tires but I can get a par of worn down tires so the tread isn't to thick.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Cool.

I use 22in Duro tires. I run the same tire on ever bike so the ## are comparable. Much more the 50hp through dirt tires you really start to lose traction.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cool.

I use 22in Duro tires. I run the same tire on ever bike so the ## are comparable. Much more the 50hp through dirt tires you really start to lose traction.
Ok thanks, what about worn down dirt tires would they keep the traction better? HDD was saying I should be around 62-63+- a little when I get the work done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts